Gus Landt

Looking for feedback on my new Nefsokar army

OK, now that the Nefsokar book is out, I'm ready to start building an army! ::D:

Before I finish buying minis and prepping them all, I'd like some feedback on my list.

Some caveats:

1) I want Tomb Guards, Anubis Guards, Ammat Devourers, and Awakened in my list

2) I'm not a big fan of the Khamsin models

3) I'd really like to use both Avatars

OK, with that in mind, here is what I came up with after many hours of contemplation:

1500 points - 6 troops - 31 models

Troop 1: (237 points)

Chosen of Sokar

6x Tomb Guards

2x Anubis Guards

Troop 2: (171 points)

Chosen of Sokar

3x Ammat Devourer

2x Anubis Guard

Troop 3: (270 points)

Anwar

4x Mounted Archers

Troop 4: (404 points)

Khadath w/ Divine Favor

Netikerti

- Lesser Magic Empowerment

- Lightning Bolt

- Life Drain

- Life Drain

7x Awakened

Troop 5: (149 points)

Walking Avatar

Troop 6: (266 points)

- Sokar's Presence

Total points = 1497

The plan would be to send the Mounted Archers out to harrass opposing archers while quickly marching everyone else across the board, preferably staying within 12" of Sokar's Avatar. All the ground troops would work to prevent my Avatars from getting swarmed. Life Drains would keep my big avatar healthy.

Other than the Tomb Guards, everyone moves at 6, so I should be able to close the gap in 2 turns.

I guess I am looking for people to point out potential weaknesses, and also point out if I missed any models that are too good not to include, or if I am using models not worth their points.

Thanks!

Can you find the points by swapping a model out for a less expensive one to give your troop with the Tomb Guards a Musician just so they can keep up? If you need defensive screens, and troops to protect your avatars, you can't ask for models designed with a better purpose.

Does this list fall under any sublist with SA implications?

Not sure how you would fit in, but I like the dust devil or scorpion to help support the big guy. Their abilities to get across the field to the enemy and cause havoc for spell casters or archers is needed to help against the low MD 11 of the Sokar's Avatar.

But even still, tis a fairly solid list.

Can you find the points by swapping a model out for a less expensive one to give your troop with the Tomb Guards a Musician just so they can keep up?

That was very much on my mind. :blush:

I think maybe Captain Khadath to the cheaper Captain Nakhti (moving Divine Favor to Anwar) would be the easiest way to get the points to give the Tomb Guards a musician.

Can mummies play the flute? ::D:

Troop 4: (404 points)

Khadath w/ Divine Favor

Netikerti

- Lesser Magic Empowerment

- Lightning Bolt

- Life Drain

- Life Drain

7x Awakened

Where is the spell Life Drain featured?

The Necropolis Faction book. The best thing in that book, IMHO. ^_^

It's a 20 point spell that says "do 1 damage to target A and heal 1 damage on Target B' :B):

The Necropolis Faction book. The best thing in that book, IMHO. ^_^

It's a 20 point spell that says "do 1 damage to target A and heal 1 damage on Target B' :B):

Oh, hands down, best thing in that entire book, unless you're a Necropolis player, and then maybe Vampiric Feeding and/or Crypt Legion might bump it down to 3rd.

My little suggestion from playing Nefsokar would be to leave out the Anubis Guard, I haven't had much luck with their DV8, and add in two Tomb Guard and another Ammat devourer and give Netikerti another Life Drain. It will bring you to 1499. :poke:

[MOD] I'm just as guilty, so I am chastising myself here too. Let's keep this thread on topic, it's easy to get off topic. I can start another thread if we want to give each other a hard time about our Faction specific or not so specific stuff. Which, come to think of it, I just did.

The Evil of Other Factions Getting Our Good Stuff: Life Transfer and other Good Natured Rants

[/MOD]