Gus Landt

1.2 Datacard Questions and Comments

With the launch of the new datacards, I'd like to direct everyones attention to the fact that MANY changes have been made. I would guess half the point costs of all models have changed, and that is just the start.

Tons of stats have changed too!

Examples include:

Guros (darkspawn) no longer has a ranged attack

Dwarven Warrios now have a DV10 and Deflect!

And don't get me started on the ALL NEW Devourer of Mashaf!

And that rotten soul cannon get nerfed! :bday:

there are TONS more to be found. It feels like Easter, looking for hidden treasures!! ::D:

First question:

What does the Insane! SA do?

Its still in testing, but the playtest version of it does the following

Model cannot be shaken

Model automatically passes any Discipline Checks to come into Base to Base Contact with another model

Model may not Disengage (leave b2b contact) with an enemy model (enemy models may disengage as normal)

Thanks EE! You da man!

I love the changes so far. My favorite so far is the Vasyl... the Lupine WARLORD!!! :blink:::D::devil:

Oh and you almost snuck Corm's new Healer SA by me...

Booooo!!! Hisssssss!!!! :grr::grr::grr:

I am so not happy with the changes to the Dwarf army. :angry:

What is up with the Halberdiers going from having Reach and 18 points to Master Spearmen and 24 points?!?! I loved taking those guys because they were cheap. My entire army composition just got totally nerfed thanks to the unwanted and unwelcome changes. :grr:

The only thing the new Warlord has going for him is MAV 6 and Tough/6. DV 9?!?!?!?!?!? He better not miss (EVER!!!!) with his First Strike attack (assuming I can get the charge in) or else he'll die on defensive strikes! Why else would you give him Tough/6? :angry:

Durgam was cheapened, but he's still a wuss. I may think about taking him just because he's only 50 points.

The new Captain is kinda ok, but a CP 3 is almost not worth it. You have a 50/50 chance of healing someone. :wacko:

To top off the whole thing, King Thorgram not only did not get cheaper, he got more expensive!!! What the hell? People have done nothing but complain about him so your fix is to make him MORE expensive? Way to go!

Geez. I'm going to have to spend several hours now completely reworking my army lists to see if I can get anything I like out of it. I definitely do not like the new direction.

Wild Bill :blues:

With the launch of the new datacards, I'd like to direct everyones attention to the fact that MANY changes have been made. I would guess half the point costs of all models have changed, and that is just the start.

Tons of stats have changed too!

Examples include:

Guros (darkspawn) no longer has a ranged attack

Dwarven Warrios now have a DV10 and Deflect!

And don't get me started on the ALL NEW Devourer of Mashaf!

And that rotten soul cannon get nerfed! :bday:

there are TONS more to be found. It feels like Easter, looking for hidden treasures!! ::D:

Weee .... Dwarf Warriors as good as any other typical grunt warrior . Always thought they should have had "Deflect" . :B): Willbill will be as happy as a pig in mud or should that be a Dwarf in Beer ! :lol:

Weee .... Dwarf Warriors as good as any other typical grunt warrior . Always thought they should have had "Deflect" . :B): Willbill will be as happy as a pig in mud or should that be a Dwarf in Beer ! :lol:

That was one of the extremely few changes to the Dwarf army list I was happy with. And their DV is now 10, to go along with the Deflect. Plus, their points went up 2 as well.

If you care to look, you can see my rant and rave in the post by Ravenwolf.

Booooo!!! Hisssssss!!!! :grr::grr::grr:

I am so not happy with the changes to the Dwarf army. :angry:

What is up with the Halberdiers going from having Reach and 18 points to Master Spearmen and 24 points?!?! I loved taking those guys because they were cheap. My entire army composition just got totally nerfed thanks to the unwanted and unwelcome changes. :grr:

Sorry about that Bill, this is information directly from the Database which used to be my playground for seeing how and if we were going to make changes. That was a possible change that we decided not to go with, we decided just to have another soldier type with master spearmen. I'd forgotten to go back and change it before we put up the database.

anywho, halberdiers have reach, not master spearmen, and are still only 18 points. Go ahead and check :)

Durgam was cheapened, but he's still a wuss. I may think about taking him just because he's only 50 points.

Actually he was showing up cheaper because he didnt have both his attacks. Thats fixed now, and hes slightly less of a wuss.

anywho, halberdiers have reach, not master spearmen, and are still only 18 points. Go ahead and check :)

Thank you for responding so quickly and making the change so quickly. I swear I looked at the Halberdiers like 10 minutes ago and it said 24 points and Master Spearmen! :wacko:

The only other thing I ask is that is you do proceed with the pdf files, if at all possible scale them so that you can cut the new stat lines out and paste them directly over the old ones (either in a new faction book or core rulebook) without covering anything else up. ^_^

Obviously a not so happy Will Bill . :down: Sorry haven't had a chance to look yet as I've just popped into the boards... hmmmm. :unsure:

If you care to look, you can see my rant and rave in the post by Ravenwolf.

Actually, the things you were upset by were honest mistakes on my part, I have rectified them.

Btw Centaurs (newly Unique) are non-Unique in an all elven force.

The only other thing I ask is that is you do proceed with the pdf files, if at all possible scale them so that you can cut the new stat lines out and paste them directly over the old ones (either in a new faction book or core rulebook) without covering anything else up. ^_^

Thats definently we'll look at doing for the PDF files. I don't have an exact time frame for you guys as things are more hectic than usual around here. It was important (in my mind) to these data cards out for dissemmination as soon as possible, since Gen Con is around the corner and people will need to time to adjust their army lists in some cases.

Btw Centaurs (newly Unique) are non-Unique in an all elven force.

one thing that I noticed, have no idea why since I dont even play them, but following up on Gus's advice to check out the darkspawn changes, I saw that :

DS archers have MAV1, RAV2 (as opposed to the Reptus Archers RAV of 1), RNG 30 and have marksman and volley and are only one point more expensive than the reptus archers that have a MAV 0 RAV 2 only RNG 24.

Yes, the reptus have a DV9 and DS has DV 8, but I guess I just dont see where MAV+1, and RNG+6 is only one point more expensive than DV-1.

I am not all put out over it, but a little concerned. Also noticed where most of my grunts went up in cost of course we got the same ADEPT axe that all the other armored grunts got. I can only complain there cause our MAV sucks compared to those other factions grunts. We needed the higher DV to stay alive. But, I will get used to it. Just have to figure out what to do with my extra 20 reptus warriors that I cant field anymore.

I have more comments but I want to make sure I look at my book and cards at the old stats before I open my trap and cause the wrong ruccus.

Anyone else laughing their butt off that Thorgram went up in points cost on the revised cards? Oh, if only they hadn't shown the points cost for the new warlord, I'm sure there would have been a revolt. :lol:

~v