Emmel Eitch

Axe and Hammer Tavern (1.2)

Well, looks like I'm one of the first customers... barkeep, a flagon of ale! Anyway, I may be playing in a tournament soon and wanted to know what you guys thought of this list. The Griffon is for rapid strike to kill those pesky mages and missile troops. My mage is there to knock down high DV multi-track models so my guys can finish them off.

Fulumbar Ironhammer (7#, 292 Pts)

1 Fulumbar Ironhammer, Clan Eldar

Bloodlust/2; Deflect; Fearless; Tough/3; Trencher

1 Margara Firetongue

Mage 3/12; Assassin; Defensive Magic; Rogue; Ronin

1 Spell - Ice Shards

1 Spell - Ice Shards

1 Spell - Ice Shards

1 Spell - Dispel

5 Dwarf Piercer

Volley

1 Troop Musician

Freya Fangbreaker (7#, 258 Pts)

1 Freya Fangbreaker, Shieldmaiden

Deflect; Fearless; Tough/2; Trencher; Warmaster

1 Divine Favor

6 Shieldmaidens

Deflect; Tough/1; Trencher

1 Troop Musician

Gargram Heavyhand (7#, 175 Pts)

1 Gargram Heavyhand

Bloodlust/2; Deflect; Tough/2; Trencher

3 Dwarf Warrior

Bloodlust/2; Deflect; Tough/1; Trencher

1 Troop Musician

3 Dwarf Halberdier

Reach

Thorvald Clawhelm (1#, 101 Pts)

1 Thorvald Clawhelm, Bear Rider @ 101 Pts

Shock; Cavalry; Horrid; Mounted; Reach; Tough/3; Warmaster

Griffon (1#, 174 Pts)

1 Griffon

Shock; Beast; Flyer; Ranger; Tough/2; Warmaster

Total Company Cost: 1000

I have played with the Griffon a couple of times, and seen it played (sometimes against me) a few more times. Not once have I seen it kill it's equal in points.

HOWEVER...with that being said, the Griffon is not ALL useless. Even if he doesn't kill a single model, I guarantee it will be a big distraction for your enemy. Every activation he spends either keeping models back trying to guard "something" or trying to chase your Griffon down that is flying in his face is just one more activation that the rest of your army will have to run over and smack your enemy upside the head! :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

What would be nice are sub-forums for the different factions, instead of one big long thread per faction. It's hard to go through and the subjects covered jump all over the place. It'd be nice to be able to say start a discussion on the green for the new Dwarf Captain and be able to follow the discussion, but to do that now in this thread, answers to that subject might end up pages apart.

But, btw, I had read a discussion of the new Warlord here, but never anything on the new Captain/Cleric green. Pretty heavily armored, eh? I like his model better than the Warlord's, but a Dwarf with a Sword always throws me off.

06_07_13_Captain1.jpg

I definitely like the new captain, Logrim. I'm not a huge fan of Logan. While technically cheaper than Thorgram, I think initiative had better go your way or else you stand a good chance of Logan getting killed before getting him into combat. Once there, I think he can clean house before going down, but you better have a cleric packing multiple Cures because you'll need that much healing!! :blink:

Logrim, however, I plan on using extensively. I think he will fit quite nicely into my diabolic scheme to take over the world! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :devil::lol:

Yeah, I look back and forth between Fulumbar and Logrim and definitely see my new first choice "leader" model. Mov/Dis/MAV identical on each track, with better DV/MD, Better Tough rating and Warmaster. Not to mention a Cleric which is damn handy (though makes me question whether I'll ever take Ivar again at 1K).

Forgot to look up what Healer and Holy does though.

Yeah, I look back and forth between Fulumbar and Logrim and definitely see my new first choice "leader" model. Mov/Dis/MAV identical on each track, with better DV/MD, Better Tough rating and Warmaster. Not to mention a Cleric which is damn handy (though makes me question whether I'll ever take Ivar again at 1K).

He is 50 points more, he ought to be a better model. Looks pretty sweet, and I bet he plays great too. So much DV!

PS

I created a 1,500 point army in which I took Ivar. I also had a lot of Tough models running around as well. ::):

Healer allows Logrim to come into base to base contact with a friendly model that is damaged and heal up one point of damage by sacrificing his Combat Action. No dice rolling required. It's automatic! :upside:

Holy means anyone that is Evil must make a discipline check to come into base-to-base contact with you! :poke:

He is 50 points more, he ought to be a better model. Looks pretty sweet, and I bet he plays great too. So much DV!

PS

And definitely worth those points.

EDIT: Question on Healer. Can he do that for himself?

Healer allows Logrim to come into base to base contact with a friendly model that is damaged and heal up one point of damage by sacrificing his Combat Action. No dice rolling required. It's automatic! :upside:

So does this mean that you don't have to use one of your spells up? ::o:

He'll never need to buy bandage, certainly. If he can heal himself, I see him as one of the nastiest guys for killing a few models at a time (if he's in a situation where he'll take only one hit per turn).

If Logrim makes finds himself in combat unsupported, I wonder if he shouldn't attack during his turn. Instead, he might come out ahead if he heals himself (if it's possible) and use warmaster to mash the opposing grunts on their turn.

I created a 1,500 point army in which I took Ivar. I also had a lot of Tough models running around as well. ::):

Bite the bullet, man! 1501!

Bring both Battlefuries, and keep Healering Logan...

PS

He'll never need to buy bandage, certainly.

Bandage has a 24" range. Healer is B2B only.

PS

I do not believe that you can use Healer on yourself. But, I will have to look at my Crusader faction book when I get home. ::):

And, yes, Healer means you don't have to have any spells for it to work. However, I have an army list where I took Ivar so I could have Bandage at range. I suspect that it would only be a matter of time before Logrim got hurt and would need some healing. I don't care to have Ivar in the thick of things, and his CP is better than Logrim's, so he gets the spells. It's just a 1,500 point army I've created and have yet to test it out. Some ideas work better than others. ^_^

Why go higher than 1500? I keep seeing you mention that Storminator. Seems like the sweet spot for Warlord is 1000-1500.

Granted I'm new to the game.

Storminator just likes to rub it in our faces that his precious Overlords have a real warlord, while ours sucks! ::P:

But, because Storminator asked for it, I came up with a 1,501 point list. However, since I've never played with either Battlefury I have no concept of how that actually work in real life, so my list is just a best-guess estimate. ^_^

Logan Battlefury + Greater Magic Armor + Divine Favor

5 Swiftaxes

Musician

Logrim Battlefury

Ivar + Lesser Magical Empowerment + 4 Bandages

5 Shieldmaidens

Musician

Gargram

5 Piercers

Musician

Gargram

5 Warriors