Ye_Old_Wiseman

Warlord Gameplay+Warcraft Style=Amazing(?)

7 posts in this topic

So I just got into Warlord, like, yesterday. I picked up Razig's crew and the rulebook. So reading all the rules and checking out all the Minatures, it seems to me that a person could play a fantastic Troop Based RPG with the game. Like in Warcraft, Characters and troops go through the map fighting monsters and the opposing faction. With the Generic stats in the back of the book, this would be very easy.

So have two opposing players, and a "GM" of sorts. Each player uses a warband of his/her choosing, then roam the tabletop fighing the "GM's" Mosters to gain level ups, and special items. (Set up by the "GM") So then the game becomes more of an RPG than a fullout Tabletop battle. The only thing not included in the core rulebook is a "Leveling-up" system of experence. (Unless I missed it)

Just an idea, this is what I'm gunna do when I get a campaing togeather with my buddies.

welcome to the boards.

Several times people have talked about trying to take Warlord towards RPG, but no one has realy followed thru yet as far as I know. And its not on Reaper's to do list yet, as they have plenty already going on.

Since you are new, make sure to check out the pinned topics related to the changed (updated) data cards 1.2. If you are starting out, you will want to make sure to start out with the right info.

Hrm... with the damage track system, I'd think that some sort of a routine healing and/or token that would heal would be needed as well.... if'n you are thinking of simulating the gameplay of one of the many online games.

So I just got into Warlord, like, yesterday. I picked up Razig's crew and the rulebook. So reading all the rules and checking out all the Minatures, it seems to me that a person could play a fantastic Troop Based RPG with the game. Like in Warcraft, Characters and troops go through the map fighting monsters and the opposing faction. With the Generic stats in the back of the book, this would be very easy.

So have two opposing players, and a "GM" of sorts. Each player uses a warband of his/her choosing, then roam the tabletop fighing the "GM's" Mosters to gain level ups, and special items. (Set up by the "GM") So then the game becomes more of an RPG than a fullout Tabletop battle. The only thing not included in the core rulebook is a "Leveling-up" system of experence. (Unless I missed it)

Just an idea, this is what I'm gunna do when I get a campaing togeather with my buddies.

Instead of leveling up have them start at a home base and as they kill the GM monsters/ troops they gain points they can use to make new troops that start at their home base.

That's actually a really cool idea, Shadowhunter. I've got to use that sometime... my idea was to play the "rpg" as Risk, sort of. Each side has a base of operations. They control a minor leader (not the warlord) and slowly become more and more powerful throughout Taltos (or whatever the setting. Through special goals, they could gain heroes and items. I'd also implement large challenges that forces the players to cooperate as well as compete.

Welcome to the forum, Wiseman!

Have you had the chance to read through the Warlord Campaign rules in your core rulebook yet? If not, you ought to. Basically you pick an army, build three or four starting-out companies, then you start conquering and looting and what-not. You and other players compete for the best territory in a grid-map of Knotthorn (or whatever city you want to fight over). Best of all, you get to level up your troops and buy more troops. "Dead" characters are bought bacu by paying the local Necromancer, and if you are like I am, you will find a way to interject actual roleplay into the game.

Mind you, I find a way to interject Warlord roleplay into almost everything I do. My boss and family find the Warcrying and Enraging a distraction, but it's FUN! :lol: