Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant_Crunch

OK, I'm usually a fairly computer savvy kinda guy, not Linus Torvalds savvy, but competent at the least. Changing my avatar appears to be beyond my ken however. I've made a new one, it's a jpg, 64x64 pixels, and it is 1.13 kb in size. Everytime I try to change it, it reverts back to my old one. Any ideas besides pestering Kit?

I'm not sure if the one that is displaying is the one you have always used (still showing Cap'n Crunch-esque head), but try refreshing or tagging the F5 key to reload the image.

When you upload a new image, what really happens is that the file stored at that URL is replaced with the new file, but at the same URL..so it's possible your computer has stored the older image for quick page-viewing purposes and you need to clear out an old temp-file.

I did a quick search and I am having trouble finding anything on adding/editing your avatar.

I have gone into my profile and clicked change on my avatar picture. I chose to browse to a picture I had saved on my computer and clicked Done, nothing happened, my avatar did not change.  Am I doing something wrong?

• Like 1

I did a quick search and I am having trouble finding anything on adding/editing your avatar.

I have gone into my profile and clicked change on my avatar picture. I chose to browse to a picture I had saved on my computer and clicked Done, nothing happened, my avatar did not change.  Am I doing something wrong?

It has to be a certain number of pixels (just a smaller image) and make sure it's a .png format, should be good to go if you do that.

• Like 1

You may also want to look into gravitar I use them. Most Places take them and then you dont really have to worry about all that, Just link over from gravitar and you're done.

Do you mind if I ask how you got it to work? I've had problems as well, and I was also trying to use one of the Bones avatars.

• Like 1

I too am having problems adding a profile pic. I've tried jpg, gif & png formats at various pixel sizes (the pop up window says the image must be at least 200 pixels - I have tried above & below 200px) but with no success.

Can anyone help please?

Mine was the fault of me only having a phone to work from and no access to my website. Fixed that. Yay apps for everything.

• Like 1

I never did get it sorted out using the supposed upload capability. I tried .gif, .png, and .jpg, in a variety of sizes. I finally gave up and uploaded the pic to photobucket and pointed it there.

• Like 1

Actually I had trouble when I tried changing mine for a joke a week or so ago. I tried uploading a properly sized jpg, but it wouldn't take.

I host my avatar (also my painter logo drawn by Naponatom) on Gravatar.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this