Duliniel

'06 Sophie Trophies?

57 posts in this topic

Just curious if there was any word on when the Sophie Trophies awarded at ReaperCon '06 might ship out. Thanks!

was about to ask if anyone got their yet. Heck Flynn gonna need a special UPS truck just to get his to him, ha ha ha

RM

We are gathering addresses of all the winners now - in the interveing months since ReaperCOn 06 and ReaperCon 05 people have moved, etc.

If you believe you are due a Trophy, please e-mail your current Shipping address to me at bryan@reapermini.com

Some winners may be receiving e-mails from me requesting that information.

Yep, we're getting the plate made for 'em now! As Bryan says, we're going to be confirming a lot of addresses--mostly those from ReaperCon '05. If you know any of the following people, please let them know to check this thread; if you are one of them, please message me on the boards here or email me at vaitalla@yahoo.com with your updated address (either I was unable to find your information or our shipping computer has two addresses for you and I need to know which is current). Also, if you have moved, please contact me as well with your new address. Thanks guys!! ::D:

NEED CURRENT ADDRESSES FOR:

Terri Malton

Brett Amundson

Lori Ross

Michael Tracy

Hal O'Donnell

Rhonda Bender

Daniel Joyce

Everybody else I've got! ::):

--Anne ::D:

Ooops, forgot some!

We also need to confirm addresses for:

Shaun Rice

Jonathan Barnes

Chris Carlson

John Hawley

Thanks guys!!

--Anne ::):

So you are going to replace the original trophies we received from the '05 Reapercon with the new Sophie Trophy?

So you are going to replace the original trophies we received from the '05 Reapercon with the new Sophie Trophy?

I was told that was the plan, but I'll let them reconfirm it. ^_^

The original ReaperCOn '05 Trophies were just temporaries - intended to help "tide you over" until these were ready. Yes, ReaperCon 05 winners will be getting one of the big girls, too.

All I really have to say is I really covet one of these beauties.

When are Sophie Trophies awarded? Just at ReaperCon, or at any con Reaper does contests at? Or does reaper only do reaper specific contests at ReaperCon?

Okay so I had a couple of questions too...

I just e-mailed Bryan back, you can take my name off the list. ::):

All I really have to say is I really covet one of these beauties.

When are Sophie Trophies awarded? Just at ReaperCon, or at any con Reaper does contests at? Or does reaper only do reaper specific contests at ReaperCon?

Okay so I had a couple of questions too...

The Much Coveted Sophie Trophy is available only to winners of the ReaperCon National Painting Contest, which is held each year at ReaperCon. As of this post, Repaer does not hold its own Painting Contests outside of ReaperCon, and although there are sometimes Manufacturer's awards at other Conventions' contests, winners of the Manufacturer's awards do not get a Sophie Trophy.

Full rules of the 2006 Event can be found here:

http://www.reapermini.com/ReaperCons

The original ReaperCOn '05 Trophies were just temporaries - intended to help "tide you over" until these were ready. Yes, ReaperCon 05 winners will be getting one of the big girls, too.

My name was on the list, and I sent my info via PM to Vaitalla, as requested. I'm so excited, I had no idea until I read this that RC 05 winners were getting the new fancy trophies. I guess I owe my husband a nice dinner or something, he had to put up with a lot of pouting because we weren't able to shift things around so we could make it to RC 06 so I could try for one of the lovely new trophies.

sweet. that's the best news I've heard so far this week.

That reminds me.

What about having an award for the Best Painted Army for both CAV and Warlord, for the tournament competitors only. It recognizes the folks with skill, who may not have their sole focus on competitive painting, but can still lay down the paint pretty well. Recognize some of the better tabletop painters.

Having an entire army, fully assembled and painted, with a good and coherent scheme, etc should be recognized as the accomplishment it is. And gives us slackers that only have 3 colors something to strive for :lol: