kit

Contest Questions

To reiterate some of the details from the contest, I'll repost them here.

Prizes:

1st: $100 Gift Certificate

2nd: $50 Gift Certificate

3rd: $25 Gift Certificate

Some of the Fine print:

Reaper reserves the right to remove entries if deemed inappropriate, but the general nudity rules will be lifted for this contest.

Photoshopping your entry is strictly prohibited.

Enter as many times as you like, but only one entry per user will be eligible for the final vote.

The certificates will be redeemable through the Asylum Online Store.

Reaper can clarify and amend rules at will.

Posting Guidelines:

Please attach your entries using the forum uploading feature. We want to make sure they're visible at all times.

Please keep critiques and any other chatter to yourselves within the contest thread. Any non-entry posting can be deleted at any time.

If you have questions, please post them here. I'll get the answered as soon as possible.

kit

How does one enter a fig with nudity? Same way we always post with a link elsewhere?

Just doing a sanity check.

Dargrin

I am curious to if this must be just the Holloween Sophie or if it can be a diaroma. And on the diaroma can dressing such as tombstones be from model railroad senery or other mini companies as Reaper currently does not have them. (unless I am blind and have just not seen them yet.)

Not trying to cause a stir just want to be clear on rules before breaking them without realizing I have if I enter.

How does one enter a fig with nudity? Same way we always post with a link elsewhere?

Just doing a sanity check.

Dargrin

I added the rules again in the post above. Nudity will be okay here. Please attach using the forum's image attachment feature.

Can we enter both contests, or only one entry per person? thanks

Enter both contests as many times as you like, but within each contest, only one entry per user will be eligible for the final vote. In other words, if you enter ten awesome figures, we'll pick the best one and allow people to vote on it. One user will not have multiple entries in the final ballot.

The top ten will be specific to each contest, not all jumbled together, so if you're particularly awesome, there's no reason you couldn't win both $100 certificates, if you particularly awesome.

I am curious to if this must be just the Holloween Sophie or if it can be a diaroma. And on the diaroma can dressing such as tombstones be from model railroad senery or other mini companies as Reaper currently does not have them. (unless I am blind and have just not seen them yet.)

Diorama away. The set dressing can be from other companies as long as the figures are Reaper.

Bases are covered under poetic license rules. I mean, if you have a Sophie sitting on top of a fallen GW Titan, then that entry's going to be kicked. Tombstones, trees, nooses, stuff like that is fair game.

Keep in mind that only 01416: Halloween Sophie will be allowed in the one contest while the other is anything goes. Two contests, equal chances to win either.

kit

Can we enter a mini that's already been seen in the Show Off forum?

Yep.

I am assuming that this does not include cropping, but does it include compositing multiple (straight square or rectangular) angles into one image? (think side by sides or CMON style for my question)

Thanks. ::):

I am assuming that this does not include cropping, but does it include compositing multiple (straight square or rectangular) angles into one image? (think side by sides or CMON style for my question)

Yes. Compositing, stamping, overlays, isolating the background, etc., are among -- but not the limit of -- "photoshopping." Cropping is cool and even expected.

Ideally this contest is to show off your painting skills, not your 1337 ph0tozhopxo4 sk!!1z. Feel free to post multiple angles of your figure if you feel it best represents your piece.

kit

Inappropriate in this case includes a non-Reaper figure or something that can't be justified as Halloween-y.

Would any undead be considered Halloween-y?

Does that include brightening up the photo and color balance?

Inappropriate in this case includes a non-Reaper figure or something that can't be justified as Halloween-y.

Would any undead be considered Halloween-y?

Does that include brightening up the photo and color balance?

Undead are cool.

Adjusting levels of the photo is fine.

kit

Is it acceptable to combine multiple views of a single miniature into one image, or is that unacceptable photomanipulation?

Please post multiple angles as separate attachments if at all possible.