Bill_Adcock

Anybody play Blood Bowl?

I'm like haldir and bought it way back with the grey styrofoam in the box but I think I do still have mine. I can't say its the greatest GW ever (I like to think that Man o War was better) but that has a lot to do with lack of play around this area. I've been thinking of taking a loook and seeing how they reworked the rules since there is slowly getting to be a bit more interest for it.

I ended up chucking the orc idea and ordered a team deal of Valkyries from Impact Miniatures, with plans to stat them up as a Norse Team, the famed and feared Midgard Maulers, 12 lovely ladies (clad in armored thongs, kneepads, furry boots, jerseys and winged helmets) backed by a hulking Snow Troll.

I had it shipped to my home address, not school, and with any luck it'll arrive while I'm on Thanksgiving break and can work off that turkey by painting a team and then get started playing.

I ended up chucking the orc idea and ordered a team deal of Valkyries from Impact Miniatures, with plans to stat them up as a Norse Team, the famed and feared Midgard Maulers, 12 lovely ladies (clad in armored thongs, kneepads, furry boots, jerseys and winged helmets) backed by a hulking Snow Troll.

I had it shipped to my home address, not school, and with any luck it'll arrive while I'm on Thanksgiving break and can work off that turkey by painting a team and then get started playing.

Your team went out in the mail this morning at 10 a.m. So unless the postman is REAL slow ... you should have it for Thanksgiving break.

Norse under the newest revised rules are a lot of fun ... especially if you play against heavily armoured teams where your Snow Troll can really use his skills. We don't yet have figures for the Ulfwereners. Phil Bowen's sculpts for those are currently at Iron Wind getting moulded and cast so they are coming.

Anyway ... have fun with the team. I love the new Norse roster.

Galak @ Impact!

Your team went out in the mail this morning at 10 a.m. So unless the postman is REAL slow ... you should have it for Thanksgiving break.

Norse under the newest revised rules are a lot of fun ... especially if you play against heavily armoured teams where your Snow Troll can really use his skills. We don't yet have figures for the Ulfwereners. Phil Bowen's sculpts for those are currently at Iron Wind getting moulded and cast so they are coming.

Anyway ... have fun with the team. I love the new Norse roster.

Galak @ Impact!

Excellent! I can't wait to work on them.

Add me to the "Best game GW ever made" camp... I've been playing for years now. It's a lot of fun, you can devote just a couple hours to one game or play all day, you can get going without an entire army's worth of figures... the pros go on and on. Tom (posting as Impact Minis) is right that the newest (and free!) rules release is the best yet.

And not only that, there are a lot of Reaper figures that make great -- and easy -- conversions for use in Blood Bowl! Enough, in fact, that on the biggest BB forum around, frequent discussion of Reaper figs helped prompt a split of the Miniatures section of the board into separate sections for both "official" and "non-official" fantasy football figures. Practically every new batch of Reaper greens gets highlighted over there for something or another. :D

Hehe, yeah, I had originally planned on converting an orc team out of Dark Heaven figures, especially the army packs.

I ended up buying an Impact team instead. I may get an Imp team from Impact in the future as well. They're so darn characterful!