Sign in to follow this  
Draxtar

Chicago

Does anyone play out here in Chicago. I have been collecting the minis for years. I have been using them in Dungeons and Dragons. I recently bought the Warlord rulebook and I am looking for players in the Chicago area. Can anyone help?

Dan

Does anyone play out here in Chicago. I have been collecting the minis for years. I have been using them in Dungeons and Dragons. I recently bought the Warlord rulebook and I am looking for players in the Chicago area. Can anyone help?

Dan

I know there are players in Chicago, but couldn't tell you offhand who they are. I am in Chicago semi-frequently for work, and I make it a point to stop in at Games Plus when I do. This isn't all that helpful, but I don't know when my next trip is...

See this topic....

There are supposedly a couple of Black Lightning people in the area, but ReaperGames.com shows them as inactive.

I was trying to get going with Warlord, but then all of the cards changed and my army got nerfed, and painting got more sporadic, and other stuff happened...

...but I'd like to give it a go. Problem is, reading rule books is not a particularly effective way for me to learn a rule set.

Games Plus would be a convenient place to game; they do have some regular game nights for some games.

Define "Chicago area." If you're talking Northwest or West suburbs, then there are several of us, myself included, that could set up at Games Plus in Mount Prospect for a tutorial game. Inside the city itself is another matter entirely.

See this topic....

There are supposedly a couple of Black Lightning people in the area, but ReaperGames.com shows them as inactive.

I was trying to get going with Warlord, but then all of the cards changed and my army got nerfed, and painting got more sporadic, and other stuff happened...

...but I'd like to give it a go. Problem is, reading rule books is not a particularly effective way for me to learn a rule set.

Games Plus would be a convenient place to game; they do have some regular game nights for some games.

All we would have to do is come up with a night to meet at Games Plus

Define "Chicago area." If you're talking Northwest or West suburbs, then there are several of us, myself included, that could set up at Games Plus in Mount Prospect for a tutorial game. Inside the city itself is another matter entirely.

I live out in Batavia, 45 minutes west. I am fully willing to meet at Games Plus. Just name a night.

I live approx 45 min away from Games Plus as well, just south instead of west.

Let's see, this weekend is pretty much out since I have to work through the shopping weekend. Next week (Nov 27-Dec 1) would be ok except for Friday. I'll be taking advantage of "Associate Appreciation Day", 40% off of my anime, can't miss out on that. The 2nd we could leave up in the air, I'll probably have to work my last day in the mall, but I should be off before the evening.

Wednesdays are Paint Night at Games Plus and there's always a variety of games going on just about every night. Just about any night of the week after 6 next week would work.

Good old Games Plus...

fun times there (Originally from Lake County here...)

There is(or at least was) also a gamestore in Libertyville called Dreamland Comics, right off Rockland road and 22. Theyre not nearly as big as Games Plus, but they do have a couple of tables, and the manager/owner is a nice guy.

Dreamland Comics is still around, i'm pretty sure. Haven't investigated it yet though, bit far from Bloomingdale.

Game stores are in real short supply in the suburbs. Games Plus is almost the only name in town now.

That's where I do most of my game buying. I should see if I can have a percentage of my paycheck direct deposited into a Games Plus account.

For interested parties: I'm planning on going to Games Plus for paint night this week. I just got the rest of my elves in. Gaming space may be limited, but I'd be more than willing to set up a game if there's a table available.

I guess i picked a bad time. For the next two weekes I will be in San Fransico. Business calls. I would like to play the week after if possible. Usually wednesdays are booked for me. Tuesdays and Thursdays are always good though. Maybe even the weekend If I have enough notice for the old lady.

Dan

In case anyone is still following this, I won't be at Games Plus this Wednesday after all. The weather's fixing to change and I won't risk that Jeep out on snowy Chicago roads until I have a good look at those tires and brakes.