Sign in to follow this  
amypaintsminis

Resin Bases

I see people with cool resin bases, but after doing a few searches online, I have failed to find them. Patrick has some really cool wood and cobblestone bases, but what I am looking for are the urban or sci fi bases. Anyone have any idea where to go for this?

Thanks all :)

Epicast makes some really nice resin bases. I have the big Special Edition 100mm one

here a link to a vendor that carries them here in the states

Epicast bases @ fantization.com

hope that helps

RM

Epicast makes some really nice resin bases. I have the big Special Edition 100mm one

here a link to a vendor that carries them here in the states

Epicast bases @ fantization.com

hope that helps

RM

WOW! This is like base super market. I have to take a look at this more closely later. Great link here.

You are all great, and thanks a lot :) I was hoping to find some cool looking SF type bases with stairs, but I think that they were likely made individually by the modelist. My problem is getting the sides to be smooth and flush with the base. Any ideas or tips for how to do this?

-Amy

If you need to sculpt something flush with an edge, build it out of greenstuff, sculpting maybe 1/16-1/8" beyond the edge, then use an x-acto to trim it flush. By building it out beyond the edge, you ensure that the sculpt doesn't "frame" itself; it will look like it continues past what the finished product contains.

I recently sculpted my first base from (relative) scratch, and this is what I did. Now that it's primed, it looks like the whole base was molded from one piece.