Evilbob

Trying for a concept

So our current D&D campaign is starting to wind down. By starting to I mean we're 9th level, and will prolly hit 13th at the end.

The DM is starting to work on his next campaign, and has decided to take it 1st-20th. Something our group has never quite managed to do. Apparently he has figured out how to keep us challanged the whole time, and keep the feel of the campaign.

So I have a couple of months to figure out a concept. What do I want to play for 20 whole levels???

Right now I'm playing a Cleric (half-elf) in one game and a Fighter (halfling) in the other D&D game I'm in.

I like all of the base classes, so I could really play just about anything. In this DM's worlds monks are usually the only restricted class (because he doesn't like the feel).

Then after I come up with a concept I need to find me a mini. Oh my, where will I ever go for that... ::P:

I've only ever done prestige classes once or twice, so I think I'd like to come up with a concept that incorperates a prestige class.

Any Ideas?

There are of course all the fun, new, non-prestige classes in the Complete books and the other new books they brought out. You could perhaps find one in there that suits your style quite easily. Also a lot of the prestige classes are a lot of fun to play with.

What kind of things do you like to do with a character? Good/evil Law/Chaos? That might help us help you out as well.

Then after I come up with a concept I need to find me a mini.

IMO, you are doing it backwards, find your mini first, then come up with a character.

Then after I come up with a concept I need to find me a mini.

IMO, you are doing it backwards, find your mini first, then come up with a character.

Well...I am looking through Casket Works right now for Ideas.

--So far the fire sorceress and the battle troll are speaking to me.

I usually play chaotic neutral or good types. I'm thinking trying to brake out of that for this one.

edit: Barros and Tempest....Just need a mini for low levels and unmounted....hmmmm

For a whole 20 levels, Cleric, Druid, and Rogue have a pretty smooth progression. Clerics have some good PrC and Rogues have a couple of nice ones (depending on what direction you want your character to go). Not sure about Druids, they get some nice abilities I wouldn't want to lose out on.

If you want to 'break out' and try something different, how about a Paladin/Rogue? Sure, there's some multiclassing issues with the Paladin, but that makes a good story about falling off the path (with a Paladin-esque PrC for when you find the path again)...

For a mini, how about 14299: Saramonde, or maybe 3149: Justine Winterhart (but the flaming sword probably doesn't work well for lower levels).

Although you don't have to limit yourself to light armor, which opens up even more options...

For a mini, how about 14299: Saramonde, or maybe 3149: Justine Winterhart (but the flaming sword probably doesn't work well for lower levels).

Although you don't have to limit yourself to light armor, which opens up even more options...

Until a magic sword is found, I'm sure a lvl 1 character could dip a sword in flaming oil, wouldn't you agree?

-Krztoff

I dont know what class to suggest, I was just going to comment and say that the Battle Troll is huge. You would have a hard time fitting in doorways with that thing and would cut out a lot of your fun.

D&D has rules for "squeezing". It basically costs you twice the movement to get through an area that would be 'too small' for you.

Until a magic sword is found, I'm sure a lvl 1 character could dip a sword in flaming oil, wouldn't you agree?

True, but that would use up a lot of oil if you wanted to keep it lit all the time... ; )

@Evilbob--I always start with the miniature, then create a character. I know, some people hate that, others do the same.

Regarding 20 levels--what a drag, I lose interest simply because there's another cool mini out there. So, what I suggest is you play some sort of Doppleganger, able to assume different shapes, etc., to basically imitate something over twenty levels of what I would call drudgery. Just think, you see another cool model, paint it up, and your character assumes that form. 'Lot easier than suiciding your character every few weeks like I always try to do.

Would your DM allow a Dwarven Druid? I know it's "unusual" for a dwarf to be a tree-hugger, but somehow I suspect you thrive on being unusual.

OR.. half-orc bard?

Elven thief?