113 replies to this topic

#1 Spartan6

Spartan6

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 5545 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

Here you go ::):
Chris SPQT PSYOPS.... Because physical wounds heal. "...smells like wet dog in here to." Crazy8 Black Lightning KS004

#2 mastadon

mastadon

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:18 AM

Need more tanks.
  • NickT likes this
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

#3 Mchandler

Mchandler

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:14 AM

reporting in :blues:

currently my force is
2 rhinos
1 tiger
1 specter
2 pumas
1 dictator 60

have on order 2 wolverines
2 panthers
anything else i should throw in the mix
Hello My Name is Michael and I am a CAV Addict

Mansfield Bears Terraforming Division: Building a better world so you can destroy it

#4 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9226 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:34 AM

Need more tanks.

Looking at the DC for the Wolverine, why would you want any other (well, except for the point cost). In it's 0 DT you've got 11 Mov, 2 CCV, and a DV of 14! On the main gun the RAV+Piercing will never drop below 6, has a flamer for those pesky infantry which the mod will never drop below 7. To top it of it has 7 DTs (including the 0 DT) and has Shielding/3 for those pesky critical hits. If it does take damage, it's base reapir in the 2nd DT is 6 while most models start at 5 and also is Rugged. This thing is a beast that has some real staying power. On the downside, it's weapons are rather short ranged (20 inches on the main gun and 4 on the flamer), at the 3rd DT the DV drops pretty sharply as does Mov, and it is expensive at 320 points. Park a couple of these with an EST/ECM Pod equipped unit and things could get ugly fast. I'd pair it up with an open market Chieftan or Lance to provide fire at longer range for a little less cost if you want to keep the section all vehicles.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#5 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:45 PM

OK , any suggestion on what to get next ? At present I'v got a Rhino , a Tiger , a Cougar and a Jaguar . Those Wolverines look good and sound OK , according to the Sarge . ::P: What models need rescaling ?
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#6 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9226 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

Oh, something I forgot to put up about the Wolverine. For all that cost, you only get one effective attack against whatever it is you're attacking.

#7 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

A Sabertooth or two are nice to take care of any soft targets with AA and a Shredder/3 value. The Blitz is nice with tha AoE/4 and Counter Battery. To make hitting it even more fun it also has the AA SA. Once you have your fire support I'd go for infantry. They are really making themselves known in the playtesting.
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#8 mastadon

mastadon

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:45 PM

Need more tanks.

Looking at the DC for the Wolverine, why would you want any other (well, except for the point cost). In it's 0 DT you've got 11 Mov, 2 CCV, and a DV of 14! On the main gun the RAV+Piercing will never drop below 6, has a flamer for those pesky infantry which the mod will never drop below 7. To top it of it has 7 DTs (including the 0 DT) and has Shielding/3 for those pesky critical hits. If it does take damage, it's base reapir in the 2nd DT is 6 while most models start at 5 and also is Rugged. This thing is a beast that has some real staying power. On the downside, it's weapons are rather short ranged (20 inches on the main gun and 4 on the flamer), at the 3rd DT the DV drops pretty sharply as does Mov, and it is expensive at 320 points. Park a couple of these with an EST/ECM Pod equipped unit and things could get ugly fast. I'd pair it up with an open market Chieftan or Lance to provide fire at longer range for a little less cost if you want to keep the section all vehicles.

Just for the sake of having new stuff to buy :lol:

Also,I believe in playing (almost)faction pure stuff unless playing merc. And Ritterlich is a smidgen deficient in tanks.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

#9 Mchandler

Mchandler

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:46 PM

A Sabertooth or two are nice to take care of any soft targets with AA and a Shredder/3 value. The Blitz is nice with tha AoE/4 and Counter Battery. To make hitting it even more fun it also has the AA SA. Once you have your fire support I'd go for infantry. They are really making themselves known in the playtesting.

thanks
Hello My Name is Michael and I am a CAV Addict

Mansfield Bears Terraforming Division: Building a better world so you can destroy it

#10 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

What's really going to make me love the Wolverine is its staying power. I think a lot of people may be overlooking this, but you don't have to even roll a die with Rugged anymore. Any Rpr check you make is an automatic Critical Success and repairs 2 DT. So a damaged Wolverine can go from its 6th DT to its 2nd in one turn. Better yet, a Wolverine on DT 3 (RAV 1, DV 9) can Repair to DT 1 (RAV 2, DV 12) and then Attack with the better stats. Shielding/3 and that high DV mean you're not going to suffer very many critical hits, so it could take quite a while to kill these devils off.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#11 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9226 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:45 AM

I'm pretty sure that you still need to roll d10+repair to repair the 2 DTs. Otherwise Rugged would be really game imbalancing and cost a lot more than 5 points per DT to give the upgrade. Speaking of which, I just realized how cheap that upgrade is...

#12 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:24 AM

OK , any suggestion on what to get next ? At present I'v got a Rhino , a Tiger , a Cougar and a Jaguar .

So, right now you have a decent hard anti-hard section with a base value of 1257. You need to add some soft anti-hard and some hard or soft anti-soft units. Going for a 2000 point total here is some ideas to round it out..

Section 1 - armor
Rhino
Tiger
Jaguar
Panther

Section 2 - Special
Cougar
Nomad
Stiletto
Stiletto

Section 3 - flight
Eagle
Eagle

2000 points

With a good mix of hard and soft, ECM pods and EST pods for defense and offense, pierce and shred. Use the ECM and EST to maximize whichever part of your force is the weakness of your enemy.

Of course, change the point scale, and the list of things to get changes too.

Rugged SA
When a Model with the Rugged SA conducts a successful Repair Action, it is always considered to be a Critical Success and an additional point of Damage for a total of 2 DTs is repaired. Rolling a Natural 10 provides no further benefit to Models with the Rugged SA. Lingering Damage may still not be removed.

The wording is a little confusing in there, but, if you read it carefully, you will see that the words always considered to be a CRITICAL success, not always considered to be a success. That is, whenever a repair is successful, it always repairs 2 points, not that it automatically repairs.

#13 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

Ah, you're right. They should change it to be something like:

Rugged SA
When a Model with the Rugged SA conducts a successful Repair Action, the Model repairs a total of 2 DT. Rolling a Natural 10 provides no further benefit to Models with the Rugged SA. Lingering Damage may still not be removed.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#14 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2030 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:35 PM

I'm pretty sure that you still need to roll d10+repair to repair the 2 DTs. Otherwise Rugged would be really game imbalancing and cost a lot more than 5 points per DT to give the upgrade. Speaking of which, I just realized how cheap that upgrade is...

I can see me adding the rugged upgrade to just about anything I field. In the half dozen games that I've played so far repair is a big factor. I am already starting to seriously hate it when the other player has rugged. I have already adopted a "Once you hit it, kill it off" protocol.

Castlebuilder
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#15 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:46 PM

So, right now you have a decent hard anti-hard section with a base value of 1257. You need to add some soft anti-hard and some hard or soft anti-soft units. Going for a 2000 point total here is some ideas to round it out..

:blink: :wacko: :blink: What do you mean ?
Anyway thanks for the info . ::D:
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users