Spartan6

The Ritterlich Republic

What he means is that you have a section that is geared towards eliminating models that don't have the Soft SA. The rest means that you want to round out your forces so that you have either units with the Soft SA that are good against "hard" units (units withough Soft SA), so that if your opponent has units that only have Piercing attacks you don't get totally screwed, or units that are effective against models with the Soft SA, so that in case your opponent fields soft models you can more easily provide them with purchase contracts for rural real estate. Does that help?

It looks like they did a good job of requiring a good bit of planning for Task Force composition. A good CAV Task Force is like the Force, there must be balance.

OK , any suggestion on what to get next ? At present I'v got a Rhino , a Tiger , a Cougar and a Jaguar .

So, right now you have a decent hard anti-hard section with a base value of 1257. You need to add some soft anti-hard and some hard or soft anti-soft units. Going for a 2000 point total here is some ideas to round it out..

Section 1 - armor

Rhino

Tiger

Jaguar

Panther

Section 2 - Special

Cougar

Nomad

Stiletto

Stiletto

Section 3 - flight

Eagle

Eagle

2000 points

With a good mix of hard and soft, ECM pods and EST pods for defense and offense, pierce and shred. Use the ECM and EST to maximize whichever part of your force is the weakness of your enemy.

Of course, change the point scale, and the list of things to get changes too.

Rugged SA

When a Model with the Rugged SA conducts a successful Repair Action, it is always considered to be a Critical Success and an additional point of Damage for a total of 2 DTs is repaired. Rolling a Natural 10 provides no further benefit to Models with the Rugged SA. Lingering Damage may still not be removed.

The wording is a little confusing in there, but, if you read it carefully, you will see that the words always considered to be a CRITICAL success, not always considered to be a success. That is, whenever a repair is successful, it always repairs 2 points, not that it automatically repairs.

Any suggestions for up this list to 3000 points . :mellow:

Well, CAV2 is out so now everybody knows that we have the hottest babes with the cutest little fangs. :ph34r:

And those are soooooooooo effective in combat ::P:

Well, CAV2 is out so now everybody knows that we have the hottest babes with the cutest little fangs. :ph34r:

There's more than one type of combat Chris.................. :poke:::D::blush:

Doctrine Tactics , which do you prefer , Hunter's Edge or Rascher Streik ? :unsure: At present I'm in two minds :lol: , whilst the ability to bury a card can be helpful , as I've found in Warlord , it does not always turn out so . And the fast attack thing , do you really try to close with the enemy that often or is this game more for long range shoot outs ? :unsure:

We don't generally send our women into battle. Do we look Terran to you? :angry:

Doctrine Tactics , which do you prefer , Hunter's Edge or Rascher Streik ? :unsure: At present I'm in two minds :lol: , whilst the ability to bury a card can be helpful , as I've found in Warlord , it does not always turn out so . And the fast attack thing , do you really try to close with the enemy that often or is this game more for long range shoot outs ? :unsure:

I think it's probably a case of what suits your playing style as much as anything else. Certainly, your force composition will contribute to this decision as well. If you field a largely Ritterlich Task Force and pick your Open Market models carefully, you may find that 90% of your vehicles have the Assault SA anyway. Who you are fighting and what Faction Doctrine they have adopted (if you can get that information "up front") is also a factor. Getting too close to Adonese infantry or any Rach, for instance, is probably a bad idea. :blink: That said, Run (away) N' Gun works too.

In CAV 1.5, my favorite thing to do was to load up with a section of 3 Tigers and Panther carrying EST and ECCM. Then use the Tiger's Wizzo (now Assault) to scurry across the field and blast the defending models up. Using the Panther's ability to give me bonuses to hit and the ECCM jamming affects to make it hard to hit me. Combine that with the fact that upgrading DV and RAVs were much cheaper and it was a devastating group.

I still love the Tiger, but it's use for me has defnitely been reduced due to the removal of the Assault SA. So, from that point of view I do like the Rascher docterine. As it brings that fun back to life, still using a Panther, or some other ECM bearing unit.

In my play so far, I would say that it really more depends on outside factors...

The table size and game point size being played.

Playing on a 4x6 table or bigger, the Rascher can be great. Playing on a 4x4 table and its almost pointless cause movement values are such that you dont really need it.

Likewise, in a smaller game where there are only going to be 1-3 sections per side, then Hunter's Edge is envaluable. But, the bigger the game, the less worth it has. In a game with 6 sections per side, it has very little affect.

But, I think its balanced, cause there are other fations that in small games their docterines dont give much benefit, but as they play larger games, can be huge tide turners. Right now, my games have tended to stay around 1500 so at least so far I have used the Hunters much more.

We don't generally send our women into battle. Do we look Terran to you? :angry:

Maybe you should. :;):