Spartan6

The Ritterlich Republic

Well, CAV2 is out so now everybody knows that we have the hottest babes with the cutest little fangs. :ph34r:

And those are soooooooooo effective in combat ::P:

Yeah, you just wait for AICOM to come out. ::P:

Well, CAV2 is out so now everybody knows that we have the hottest babes with the cutest little fangs. :ph34r:

I know, I know !!! SOON,right? :poke::lol:

I know, I know !!! SOON,right? :poke::lol:

noobnes showing..... what is this aicom thing everyone keeps on talking about :mellow:

am happy to annouce i finally finished printing out my copy of CAV 2 rules and they look awesome... I love having access to a laser printer

best of all cost 0.00 besides the 9.99 for download

AICOM is 25mm Infantry Combat in the CAV Universe. Think Warlord with machine guns, rockets and powered armor.

Just so you understand how development on it has progressed, I bought a boxed set of plastic Warzone figs at GenCon to use for AICOM playtesting.

GenCon 2003 that is. And I still haven't used the little plastic guys yet. :mellow:

AICOM is 25mm Infantry Combat in the CAV Universe. Think Warlord with machine guns, rockets and powered armor.

Just so you understand how development on it has progressed, I bought a boxed set of plastic Warzone figs at GenCon to use for AICOM playtesting.

GenCon 2003 that is. And I still haven't used the little plastic guys yet. :mellow:

understand that....thanks for the data

Well i've been a gamer geek again and I went and figured out i could field up to 17k points with just my ritterlich and open minis. Now of those i've been working out some very basic army lists of different size games. Since i lack the ability to actually playtest these somebody holler at me so i can know if i'm on the right track here.

section 1 assault

rhino avenger 3

panther avenger 3

sabertooth avenger 3

wolverine avenger 3

tiger avenger 3

1663 points

section 2 mechanized infantry

rifle team x3 satchel charge/shock training

hedgehog reactive armor

604 points

section 3 assault

sabre avenger 3

wolverine x 3 avenger 3

1210 points

section 4 assault

rhino x 3 avenger 3

panther avenger 3

tiger avenger 3

2537 points

airstrike x 2

smoke strike x 2

120 points

total 5996 points

So is this a decent general purpose force for the size or should i lose the 4th section and sub with some fire support or gunships? Thanks.

Later

Yeah, I'd change those Rhinos out for a pair of Mastodons and some Manticores for some IF support. Keep the Panther though, you can use it to call in strikes and TL.

Hello all.

I've thrown together an army list that looks fun. Just wondering though if it will be competitive at all. I am brand new to the game, so everything is a bit foggy so far. :blush:

Here's what I've come up with:

Armor Section:

Panther - Recon

Puma - Recon

Tiger - Attack

Sabretooth - Attack

Wolverine - Attack (I love the tank. It's there for looks. I'd really like to field an entire Armor Section of these guys in the future ::): )

Mechanized Infantry Section:

6 Infantry - Attack

3 Lynx Transports

Total comes to 1994 points.

The basic idea is to have the Panther and Puma's ECM Pods helping to protect the other Armor as it advances.

The Mechanized Infantry is there because it seems cool to be able to swoop Infantry across the table and then use the Lynx's guns once the guys are dropped off.

Thanks very much for taking time to read this. I'm very excited about getting started in the game, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks for replying Chrome. The general concept here was to get a good generic army using the lightning strike faction ability to just overwealm and outmanauver the opponent. Using ecm, run and gun and the smoke bombs to cover ground quickly to help limit the long range fire I'll get on the way in. I'm kinda unimpressed on paper with how bad IF attacks are now. They are most likely gonna drift and when they do they wont do jack to my high dv units. A mastadon seems like a waste of points. I'd rather take a specter sovereign 3 combo and sit back and take out those soft targets with alpha strikes. Against hard targets I'd switch out a rhino for a few tsuiseki's and call it a day. Its just that massed fire from a brace of rhino's means something dies every turn and with rugged i can sit back under some cover and repair to keep up with snipers. With the assault faction ability that is 3 mini's moving at 16 inches a turn still throwing down 2 shots at plus 9 to the die in short range or plus 7's at medium range with the blaster sa to boot. In 2 rounds i can touch the far side at medium range of a 6 foot gaming table.

So besides the army idea here is my concept flawed or should i really plan on taking more IF support? I'm interested in using the community here as a sounding board since my actual gameplay is gonna be sparse till i get some more local people into it.

Thanks much for any help ya'll give me. ::D:

Later

I don't see any flaws, but you can never go wrong with an IFM guy or two. Not having to have LOS to attack something has its advantages.

Well the Puma and Panther are good for ECM/EST support for your heavy hitters. The Tiger is a nice weapons platform although lately I've seen it go boom too much lately but I think that has just been some bad luck for the kitty. The Wolvie is awesome with an ECM unit backing it up making it a solid bunker to hammer the enemy over and over. The Sabretooth is good for killing your soft targets and with AA you'll have a better shot at keeping those gunships at bay.

What Infantry are you planning on using? I'm assuming a Rifle section. I've had some pretty good success with that combo in taking out CAVs in CC.

All in all not too bad a list for 2000 with a pretty good hard/soft killing power. As with all lists it will depend on your playstyle and who your opponent is.

At first glance it seems a bit weak on stuff to crack hard targets...... then again, you do have all those squishies to close combat with the hard nuts. It's definately a list that's worth some playtesting.

Castlebuilder