Spartan6

The Ritterlich Republic

Hmm. Wolverines with an ECM support unit is good I know. How indestructible would it get if you put one of those engineers with the repair upgrade behind them?

It would only be really useful in my mind if the Engineer had the advanced repair module as the Wolverine already has Rugged. You'd probably want them near the Puma and Panther. They don't have many DTs and you don't want them wasting actions on repairing lest a chink in your armor appear.

At this point I agree that IA isn't all to effective, at least not to the point that it used to be. Still, I'm going to give it a few more test games before totally ruling it out.

Still, based purely on the math, a Mastadon using Target Lock and an IA attack has a 50% chance of hitting anything within 48". If it misses, it still has a 60% chance of catching its original target within its AOE. That means you've got roughly a 75% chance of putting a 5 RAV shot on a target who probably can't take Defensive Fire. The reason the Mastadon is so nice though is that once the bad guys get up close, you're not left to try and run away like most Support Models are. There isn't much that 11 RAV DA won't punch a hole through.

Still, based purely on the math, a Mastadon using Target Lock and an IA attack has a 50% chance of hitting anything within 48". If it misses, it still has a 60% chance of catching its original target within its AOE. That means you've got roughly a 75% chance of putting a 5 RAV shot on a target who probably can't take Defensive Fire. The reason the Mastadon is so nice though is that once the bad guys get up close, you're not left to try and run away like most Support Models are. There isn't much that 11 RAV DA won't punch a hole through.

True, but 600+ points for only one point of damage per turn... even if you hit every turn, you will not last because your opponent will hit for an average of 1.5 or 2 per turn. Since those pierce values stay static thru the last damage track, it means that lesser pointed enemies (Dictators with two shots at pierce 5 for only 260 points) will have the advantage on regular sized playing tables.

Mastadons are awesome for long tables, but regular tables, they just are not worth their points, even if they hit 100% of the time, cause 1 point per turn just wont get it done...

And I love the Mastadon but can still say that.

Anyone got any suggestion for a proxy for the Armadillo ? :unsure:

I was going to throw something Armadillo looking onto a Wolverine chassis. They're both (Armadillo and Wolverine) pretty "beefy", tracked, and manufactured by KDM so why would they reinvent the wheel I figure?

Yeah, I know but if you pop the base and paint them up... there not half bad. There just isn't much else in the proper scale.

I realized I can play my independent list with a little tweaks as a ritt list and get assault on all the CAV

Rhino

Tiger

Falcon

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Nomad

Hedgehog

Armored Infantry

Armored Infantry

+1 tran

Satchel Charge

Shock

Fist

Wolverine

Chieftan

Chieftan

Smoke

Arty

I realized I can play my independent list with a little tweaks as a ritt list and get assault on all the CAV

This is my general plan: use mostly open models, and tossing in a faction model to get the abilities. I'll be playing all the factions!

PS

Sure you can do that, but you're not really playing Ritterlich unless you have at least 2 Rhinos and a Fire Support Section worth of Mastodons. :poke: