• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9437 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

1) Official models that are unpainted, primed, or painted a single color are acceptable and allowed for use in any official event.
2) Substitute models from outside manufacturers are not acceptable and are not allowed for use in any official event.
3) Generic substitutions from any Reaper lines are allowed for use in any official event.
4) A particular generic substitute model type can only be used to represent a single type of model and/or data card in any official event.
5) A generic substitute model must be on the same size base the model it is substituting for would be on in any official event.
  • TGP and Last Knight like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#2 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5948 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

Sa-weet! Hooray for new proxy rules!

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#3 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

Thanks Bryan. This is going to open it up for gettng people to start Warlord easier too. This is nice and clear cut too.
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#4 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

So if I want to , I can use the DHL bear riders for Thorvalds ? :unsure:
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#5 Spike

Spike

Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

• Black Lightning
  • 6938 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

Apparently so... :) :) ..and I can use Gragg and Other-Gragg for my other non-unique Captains :wub: :wub:

And it also occurred to me this will help local game shops like ours find a new market for all those DHL models sitting in baskets waiting to be discount-priced and removed from their ordering lists. This is great news for DHL fans!

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

#6 vutpakdi

vutpakdi

Knight-Errant

• Black Lightning
  • 2739 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:09 PM

I think that the rule change is a good idea as long as people don't abuse it in order to cause confusion.

For example, abuse might be taking using 4 different types of minis with two handed swords to represent:
  • a breaker types (ex Unforgiven)
  • line sword & shield types (ex Knights)
  • Reach types (ex Ironspines)
  • archers (ex Ivy Crown Archers)
The idea being that an opponent, at a glance, could get confused as to which troop contains which types.

Ron

#7 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6430 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

Kudos Reaper. You've been listening to your fanbase/clients.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#8 Krztoff

Krztoff

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1452 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

YAY! I can use sturdier skeletons!

-Krztoff
Posted Image

SaintRigger: HALT! Hammerzeit!
Me: if zeit means time, i hope you die

You will learn as much from mistakes as you will from failures. -Qwyk

TBH by usual internet standards krztoff is a big fluffy bunny of love and hugs who wants to give Jesus great big warm cuddles. -smokingwreckage

#9 wildbill

wildbill

Tulsa Warlord Gawd

• T-Town Crew
  • 3173 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

1) Official models that are unpainted...are acceptable and allowed for use in any official event.

Yup, that pretty much sums my army collection!! :lol:

Thanks Bryan! Now I can field all of those DHL Dwarves as my sgts and cpts and bears, oh my! :bday:

I am now off to repeatedly push the Hot Wings button... :wub:

Wild Bill :blues:

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building."

My Indian name is "Runs With Beer".

#10 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:38 PM

I think that the rule change is a good idea as long as people don't abuse it in order to cause confusion.

For example, abuse might be taking using 4 different types of minis with two handed swords to represent:

The idea being that an opponent, at a glance, could get confused as to which troop contains which types.

Ron

That is where the Official Event Coordinator needs to be involved, as was discussed previously in the time limit sandbagging discussion.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#11 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9437 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

Ron

That is where the Official Event Coordinator needs to be involved, as was discussed previously in the time limit sandbagging discussion.

The tournament organizer should also consider sportsmanship here. Intentionally developing a roster designed to force confusion and delay games or sow confusion to reap benefits would be considered poor sportsmanship and would be as valid a cause for disqualification as fudging die rolls or intentionally mis-measuring. All of our BL team members are encouraged to promote good sportsmanship at all times.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#12 wildger

wildger

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

1) Official models that are unpainted, primed, or painted a single color are acceptable and allowed for use in any official event.
3) Generic substitutions from any Reaper lines are allowed for use as Non-Unique models in any official event.

I know that I am going to get shot for saying this but I cannot help it. Any plan for Warlord:Evo like SST or Battlefield:Evo? May be Reaper can test the water with some pre-painted minis for CAV2?

#13 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5948 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

*shoots wildger* You asked for it. ::P:

Please, oh please, no pre-painteds! I'd rather see nekkid metal on the table... :lol:

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#14 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

Please, oh please, no pre-painteds! I'd rather see nekkid metal on the table... :lol:

~v

Amen!
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#15 mooseyjoe

mooseyjoe

Off-Topic Lizard

• Members
  • 1635 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

I however will paint your army for you for an only moderately outragous price.

Edit: I forgot to say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY MYYYYYY DHL LIZAAAARRRDDSSSS ARE LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reptus Say GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Can we have a new rulebook now?

Official Registered Fanboy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users