1) Official models that are unpainted, primed, or painted a single color are acceptable and allowed for use in any official event.
2) Substitute models from outside manufacturers are not acceptable and are not allowed for use in any official event.
3) Generic substitutions from any Reaper lines are allowed for use as non-Warlord models in any official event. Warlord models may not be proxied.
4) A particular generic substitute model type can only be used to represent a single type of model and/or data card in any official event.
5) A generic substitute model must be on the same size base the model it is substituting for would be on in any official event.
After reading the range of posts on the last three pages of this thread it seemed like things were going to get creative for a number of the players on the list. I am just now looking into Warlord, but I have been wondering how it might work to, for example, try to field a whole force of elementals, and then to search through a factions cards (I was thinking of Mercenaries) for cards that would be appropriate.
For example, could a bunch of DH big earth elementals/Stone Golems be fielded using the various Lupine cards, and then the smaller elementals using basic soldier cards? I guess the question boils down to whether or not players feel like substitutes should at least look like what they represent, or whether the resemblance can be more abstract (big nasty w/lots of attacks and frenzy etc.). I know that for many games anything can be done with the agreement of the players, but I was hoping to get a notion of what the general reaction of listmembers would be to this kind of force (too confusing, too misleading, not the right "spirit of the game" etc.). I have not looked at all of the factions yet - if in fact one of the factions has a bunch of elemental models, take the question based on some model that isn't covered.