• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10658 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

1) Official models that are unpainted, primed, or painted a single color are acceptable and allowed for use in any official event.
2) Substitute models from outside manufacturers are not acceptable and are not allowed for use in any official event.
3) Generic substitutions from any Reaper lines are allowed for use as Non-Unique models in any official event.
4) A particular generic substitute model type can only be used to represent a single type of model and/or data card in any official event.
5) A generic substitute model must be on the same size base the model it is substituting for would be on in any official event.
  • Girot and HornedTurtle like this

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#2 EntilZha

EntilZha

Godlike

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

You know what I'd like to see? If you don't own it, you can't use it. Simple as that.

--Keith (Yes, the same Keith who killed an Emperor with a Nomad)

"Just as there is no crying in baseball, there is no whining in CAV." --Me

"There are very few problems in a role-playing game that can't be solved by the strategic aquisition and placement of a dead prostitute" --Mad Jack

My CAV units: Merc - Steel Talons (The Arsenal of....Whatever Political or Ideological System or Philosophy You Happen to Espouse) Location: Elysium Planitia, Mars

Terran - 77th Legion (The Lucky Sevens) Location: Fort Nellis, Las Vegas, Nevada, Earth

Adon - Torfel 79 (Golden Death)

#3 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:46 PM

But that is kinda hard to do with CAV when 1/3 of the models have not even been made yet...

#4 EntilZha

EntilZha

Godlike

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

But that is kinda hard to do with CAV when 1/3 of the models have not even been made yet...

Correction. Only 13%, or about 1/7 of the models haven't been made yet. Only 17 out of 128.

--Keith (Yes, the same Keith who killed an Emperor with a Nomad)

"Just as there is no crying in baseball, there is no whining in CAV." --Me

"There are very few problems in a role-playing game that can't be solved by the strategic aquisition and placement of a dead prostitute" --Mad Jack

My CAV units: Merc - Steel Talons (The Arsenal of....Whatever Political or Ideological System or Philosophy You Happen to Espouse) Location: Elysium Planitia, Mars

Terran - 77th Legion (The Lucky Sevens) Location: Fort Nellis, Las Vegas, Nevada, Earth

Adon - Torfel 79 (Golden Death)

#5 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4275 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

You know what I'd like to see? If you don't own it, you can't use it. Simple as that.

That's the kind of rule that makes people hate some game companies. Reaper is well loved partly b/c of their willingness to not be use-our-miniatures-nazis.

Besides, since the only official tournaments are the two big ones at GenCon and Origins (heck, the CAV one didn't even happen last year) and the RCON tournaments, its not really a huge issue for most situations.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#6 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9493 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

Besides, gasoline costs too much to send the Deathseekers to every con and tournament to ensure enforcement of such a rule.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#7 Mad Pat

Mad Pat

Godlike

• Members
  • 1758 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

Besides, gasoline costs too much to send the Deathseekers to every con and tournament to ensure enforcement of such a rule.

Thats actually not that big a problem Reaper ships them UPS. Thanks to Brown Reaper can have Deathseekers anywhere in the world next day AM delivery!!

Mad Pat
  • HornedTurtle likes this
Yuppie Mephistopheles

odium ludatori non ludo

#8 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9493 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:51 PM

Thats actually not that big a problem Reaper ships them UPS. Thanks to Brown Reaper can have Deathseekers anywhere in the world next day AM delivery!!

Mad Pat

ROFL

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#9 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4275 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:05 AM

5) A generic substitute model must be on the same size base the model it is substituting for would be on in any official event.

Someone asked on Mil-Net if round bases were OK. We initially said yes, but not at official events, but this rule kinda makes the rules fuzzy. It never states a base for a proxy model has to be the same shape, only the same size. So could this be extended to using different bases on legal CAV models? Would a round base be acceptable in an official CAV tournament?

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#10 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15286 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:23 AM

Since there are rules already in place for non-based Models, I would just treat the round base as a non-based model, using the edge of the round base as the edge of the Model personally.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#11 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4275 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

I'm not worried about BL or pick-up games, I'd resolve them the way you mentioned. I want to know about the official tournaments so that when the question arrises, it can be answered correctly.

-Chrome

#12 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

The only real problem with that is that Reaper doesn't make round bases. Therefore I'd be worried that you'd fall under the 'from another company' restriction. I know a base really isn't a mini but if we are going for clarifiaction I'd like to be certain.
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#13 Vil-hatarn

Vil-hatarn

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 2022 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:18 AM

So, how much leeway is there for kitbashing existing CAVs? Say I don't like a model, so I go and build my own version?

#14 Saint Vierzehn

Saint Vierzehn

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:26 AM

Mad Pat

Will they take bids for contract work?

-StV.
As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Ignore the thought police. Break their rules.

#15 madcat

madcat

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

Correction. Only 13%, or about 1/7 of the models haven't been made yet. Only 17 out of 128.

I realise that this post is a tad old but were all the Published CAV's and Vehicles actually made? I've been through the JOR's and they all seem to be there physically...
"Oops"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users