• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1931 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

Some of the CAV 2 stuff was never produced (for example, from Terrans, the Charger, Crossbow, Desterier, and Mamba were never done). Who knows what Jon will do with Cav 3.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#17 madcat

madcat

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

Some of the CAV 2 stuff was never produced (for example, from Terrans, the Charger, Crossbow, Desterier, and Mamba were never done). Who knows what Jon will do with Cav 3.

Ah! Cheers for the info, I might have known it'd be CAV2 - the only bit of 'old' CAV I don't have. Do you know if there was any artwork/stats for them in the CAV2 PDF?
"Oops"

#18 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4275 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

There were data cards for all of them in CAV 2. I believe there's still a thread somewhere in this forum w/links to all of the data cards. Search for beta or maybe 2.2

If you go to Mil-Net's forums and search on the model names you can find some of the original concept artwork and 3d renders for most of them. To the best of my recollection, all of the minis had renders completed, miniatures were just never made from them.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#19 Jeneki

Jeneki

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

So yeah, I know the discussion about round bases is from 2007, but with the new set of rules coming out now would be a good time to discuss this again.

From what I've read in the CAV:SO quickstart rulebook, it looks like turns and firing arcs are all based on 90 degree increments.  There doesn't seem to be a in-game reason to put anything on a hex base.  Seems like squares would be a better choice to match the in-game measurements.  Although personally, with the Bones line of CAVs coming out I'd love to base them on metal washers, for two reasons: 1) It'll give them some extra weight.  2) I can use a magnetic surface to transport them around.

So what does everything think?  Keep them on hexes "cause tradition", or base them for utility and usability?

Hands are for signing surrender forms, not giant death-robot gun platforms of doom!

o-ik_upside.gif-o

#20 Maredudd

Maredudd

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

The group I'm beginning to play with does everything on square bases . . . 

#21 CAVBOSS

CAVBOSS

Master

• Reaper User
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

The rules are set up so you can use any base you want (or no base even). I went with a hex-base as far as our "official" base out of tradition for mech based games.
  • bhchan likes this
--- CAVBOSS
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users