284 replies to this topic

#1 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:53 AM

Welcome to Recruitment Hall.

Here, various factions will be able to plead their case on why you should join their side.
"Mercenaries are like prostitutes. You don't pay to lay with them... you pay them to leave."

#2 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

From our humble beginnings as protectors of the Chroniclers on Avalorr, no organization nor government can boost such a long and prestigest history.

In the recent century, our First Knight Vax Spiro has forged us from a peacekeeping force into nation. With several protected solar systems banded together, the Templar Nation has the strength and the resourses to support their troops across the universe. Neophytes can expect higher then average pay and the high standard equipment from Hughes-Marietta and Viper. We use the best because we expect the best of our Knights.

The universe is a dark place but the Templar Nation is a shining light that shall lead others by example and deed.
"Mercenaries are like prostitutes. You don't pay to lay with them... you pay them to leave."

#3 Spartan6

Spartan6

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 5545 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:38 PM

And they spell well. :lol:

When it absolutely, positively has to be taken and held accept no substitute: United Terran Federal Forces. :B):
Chris SPQT PSYOPS.... Because physical wounds heal. "...smells like wet dog in here to." Crazy8 Black Lightning KS004

#4 Inquisitor

Inquisitor

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:17 PM

Freelancer, when it absolutley has to be done.... do it for cash, We dont start the wars, we just profit from em hee hee
The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes. " Cant have manslaughter without laughter" Black Lightning BL MA008

#5 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 17120 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

Rach: When the enemy has to not only be beaten, but turned into soup and then plasma-bombed.

"You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up."

Spoiler

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper

Wonderland No More

#6 Spartan6

Spartan6

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 5545 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:16 PM

Rach: When the enemy has to not only be beaten, but turned into soup and then plasma-bombed.

And then promptly regroups and beats us silly. :lol:
Chris SPQT PSYOPS.... Because physical wounds heal. "...smells like wet dog in here to." Crazy8 Black Lightning KS004

#7 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:15 AM

When it absolutely, positively has to be taken and held accept no substitute: United Terran Federal Forces. :B):

When I read this, I got this mental image of a high school class presidential elections.

Just go with this for a second. Here's Li'l Spartan dressed up in his letterman's jacket striding up to podium. He looks out over the student body that's so eager to hear his speech on why he should be elected class president. And what does he say, "UFF Legionnaires RULE!"

yeah...

-_-

#8 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:49 AM

When I read this, I got this mental image of a high school class presidential elections.

Just go with this for a second. Here's Li'l Spartan dressed up in his letterman's jacket striding up to podium. He looks out over the student body that's so eager to hear his speech on why he should be elected class president. And what does he say, "UFF Legionnaires RULE!"

yeah...

-_-

ROFL
I read this one and had to dig out Bill and Ted and watch it again :lol:
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#9 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:08 AM

Getting ready to place an order at my FLGS to start playing CAV. I'm wondering if I should be basing my choices on the 1.0 cards or the NukeCon cards?
Mark Twain

#10 papabees

papabees

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1906 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:48 PM

Getting ready to place an order at my FLGS to start playing CAV. I'm wondering if I should be basing my choices on the 1.0 cards or the NukeCon cards?

I believe the NukeCon cards are considered the more accurate.

* Note - Since most people learn best from their own mistakes, I try to make as many as possible, so hopefully I'll learn a lot quicker.

#11 ReaperShaun

ReaperShaun

Formerly PreFUNk

• Members
  • 1000 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:51 PM

the only real difference is on ECM values.
BL KS005 "Drybrushing is fine". - Anne F.

#12 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:04 PM

Thanks. I just ordered 2 Knights, a Sovereign, a Duelist, a Centurion, the Sabres, the Longbows, and the Flails. The infantry are soon to be up on the block but this should get me started.
Mark Twain

#13 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9333 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:58 PM

And it sounds like another Templar is born.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#14 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:53 PM

Ah yes the call of the knighthood. Righting wrongs and defending the weak. Well and learning how to play the game ::P:
Mark Twain

#15 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:42 PM

Ahhh, it does my heart proud that you've decided to join the good fight, OS.

From the looks of it you've got some fine units. I would recommend for future purchases the H-M Warlord and the the H-M Spartan.

The Warlord is the backbone of the Templar's frontline CAVs. Its on the expensive side but its well worth it. Currently in my Assualt Platoon has two in it, along with a Knight (which is the Platoon's Knight Commander) and a Viper Adder (which I'm currently building which isn't easy since I don't know what they'll look like).

The spartans... well... even a certain Earther will agree its an excellent CAV. There is nothing like wolfpacking a superheavy (they got a Close Combat Value of 3) :devil:

Yer next task though is to come up with a Name for yer Templar regiment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users