Sign in to follow this  
fieldarchy

3102 Olivia

Second place is still placing and deserving of congratulations! (Though I know how disappointing it can be if you were hoping for more. :-<)

I was hoping for first. The person who got first place in best painted had a good theme but when you are looking at techniques . . . the blending and shading was not good at all. The pants could have used a wash or two to make the highlights look less abrupt (dark navy blue pants with bright grey high lights) the skin didn't have any highlighting on it, the hair didn't have highlights, the tabard didn't have highlights, etc. It was very flat looking but there was good use of freehand. Oh well . . . still did well.

Hey - Congrats at least on the second place finish ::D:

Better than I've ever done!

(Both in this mini and in contests in general)

And hey - gives you something to gun for next time...

Ah, freehand. Yeah, I've been there. Freehand sure does seem to dazzle judges/voters sometimes. I think more painterly types really appreciate good blending, skillful contrast and so on, but cool concept and freehand goes a long way for a lot of folks.

yeah. oh well. Just try harder on future minis. Sadly, this will be my last annual painting contest at Game Depot. Sigh

I moving to Canada in July. So this is just my last annual paint contest at Game Depot . . . kinda sad since it's my third one.

I moving to Canada in July.

Well - welcome to ya then "eh"!

Get used to painting armour in lots of different colours!!!

Yeah... Depending on where you end up - you should like it.

Which province?

I'm moving to Vancouver BC to be with the boyfriend. I am very excited about the move. It's cold there, eh? I'm also going to have to get used to watching more hockey, eh?

Don't worry I've got the Eh part down and I do switch back and forth between US and British spellings. I did some work with University of Bradford, UK so I had to write everything using british spellings.

where is Hamilton located in Ontario? I mean what is it near?

Good job in the painting contest!! Don't feel bad about last year, I won Best Themed and you didn't place. This year, you placed and I didn't even come close. :down: But you really did have a great looking model. Good Job!! ::D:

P.S. If you are wondering, mine was the crimson colored muskateer with the gold sword on the front and the cape. Also, good luck in BC, sorry you won't be able to compete next year.

I'm moving to Vancouver BC to be with the boyfriend. I am very excited about the move. It's cold there, eh? I'm also going to have to get used to watching more hockey, eh?

Don't worry I've got the Eh part down and I do switch back and forth between US and British spellings. I did some work with University of Bradford, UK so I had to write everything using british spellings.

where is Hamilton located in Ontario? I mean what is it near?

Well - in the grand scheme of things - Vancouver is about the best weather in Canada (butcept for the rain of course - The forests there are actually rain forests... Honest!)

As for where Hamilton is...

Well - We are south of Toronto - north of Windsor - west of Niagra falls... on the Southern shores of Lake Ontario!!!

Our collective claims to fame are a) the birthplace of Tim Horton's crack coffee b) not getting an NHL franchise and c) being 'Pittsburg of the North'...

Sigh... But it's home. :blush:

Enjoy BC!! Of course - July is a loooong way away still....How many sleeps is that?

It is a long way but it's going to creep up on me quickly! I know it is! I'm already getting ready for it and trying to find people who will want my furniture. I actually went on a cleaning frenzy getting rid of things I won't be able to take with me.