chesme

Legendary Encounters™

This is an interesting turn of events... Reaper will make prepainted plastics. Any chance we will get to see a preview? I'm sure the quality will knock most things out of the water, but I want to see first. ;)

Edit: I guess I could add a link to the announcement, in case anyone missed it :blush:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry374366

I guess I could also ask a few more questions...

Will these be new sculpts or plastic versions of preexisting sculpts? The "..and a catalog of 1000's of metal models to design Legendary Encounters" part almost sounds like it'll be plastic versions of our old favorites.

What can I say, I'm excited. :blink: As much as I love painting my metal, I must say that something like this will probably be a big hit with a lot of gamers.

Believe me, when I read the announcement I did a Tex-Avery eyepopper double-take jaw-agape backflip, shouted "HOLY #$@%!", called Steve in to read it, made sure he was sitting down..and then re-read the announcement again upon reinserting my eyeballs into my head.

Yes.. spike wants preview.

Also, wondering who paints all these, will they be more unexpensive than unpainted metal, and will they be allowed as proxies in Warlord?

(edit)

I almost forgot the ubiquetous SQUEEE! The first releases are to include undead, ORCS, ogres, ORCS, a minotaur, ORCS...and did I mention ORCS?

I'd be surprised if they're not painted in a factory by third-world wage slaves like other companies in the pre-paint biz. I'm not trying to be flip, I assume that's the only way to keep the price down.

And how cheap will they be? Not much more than a buck per human sized figure I'd hope.

Geez - no wonder Anne has been scarce around here. They've got her locked in her office painting all those pre-paints. Poor woman!

Pshoooo... Reaper should hire Steve! He's the creator of the Original Seven-Minute Orc!

THEN Reaper should hire ME! I could be the original spokesperson for People Who Were Never Meant To Paint Their Own Minis. :lol:

While we will wait a few day and do a follow up post to catch all of the questions, I want to add at this time that this new product line in no way impacts our metal lines. Reaper metal sales are still strong and have weathered the worst of what prepainted plastic could throw at it. Legendary Encounters are simply a new product line.

Best,

Will this be a fantasy only thing or are there plans for a similar sci-fi line "Not So Soon"TM? Like maybe say...AICOM.

Ed, I've sent you a email to your reaper address.

I'd really love to work with you folks on this line. I'm working with sim on our own line of SF figs using 3d modeling tools, and come may, this will become incredibly easier. We had an entire squad of aliens done after one week, and I want to do fantasy figs using these techniques. It's taking us longer to find a caster than do the actual work. And once we get a library of parts built up, reuse will shorten the time drastically.

I'd give my left, erm, leg to work on this stuff. :)