chesme

Legendary Encounters™

I'd like to respond to at least one concern here - yes. The Legendary Encounters™ pre-painted plastics will be, in accordance with our current proxy guidelines, legal for use in Warlord™. The initial release's Skeletons and Orcs will be most useful to Necropolis and Reven, but other models are planned.

That's my 2¢.

I'd like to respond to at least one concern here - yes. The Legendary Encounters™ pre-painted plastics will be, in accordance with our current proxy guidelines, legal for use in Warlord™. The initial release's Skeletons and Orcs will be most useful to Necropolis and Reven, but other models are planned.

That's my 2¢.

Yeah, no more people killing my hastily painted metal at demos! WooHoo!!!!!

And I've repainted the plastics before. its not a great paintjob, due to sculpt, but its better than it was.

I think that finding the right price-quality point will be an interesting challenge. The quality should be high enough that people think that it's up to Reaper standards and are willing to spend more than $0.50-$1.00 on them (which seems to be about what some common D&D minis go for), but the cost can't be too high or people won't buy them.

You're talking about the ebay market, and supply/demand affects the prices a lot there. Based on some of what's on the market, I think typical prices are around $3.50-$4.50 for a human size ppp mini, and around $8.00-$10.00 for an Ogre size mini. This is just looking at the newer games like AT-43 and Battlefield Evolution. If Reaper can keep prices on the low end of this spectrum, I think the line will do well.

WOW...call me stunned. :blink: I never thought it would freeze over down there (and I don't mean Texas).

I'll wait and see. Reaper always produces quality. I hope this line will be no different.

debby ^_^

“Quality. There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man’s lawful prey.”

John Ruskin

I should also point out that I WANT WORG RIDERS!! Lots & lots & lots of cheap, prepainted wolf-riding goblins!! ^_^

Ok, calmer now.

Has anyone here seen what the Japanese are doing with Garashapon toys? You know, the little collectible sets of figures/houses/vehicles/monsters?

They are generally awesome, great paint, multipart, and some are even injection-molded in different colors before they are painted.

On the whole, they make even Rackham's pre-paints look silly.

If Reaper, could leverage that technology, then I would be intrigued.

I'm just thrilled to have the option to build encounter fodder without having to surf e-bay or buy bunches of packs just to get the handfull of pieces you need.

I'm just thrilled to have the option to build encounter fodder without having to surf e-bay or buy bunches of packs just to get the handfull of pieces you need.

That's the reason I haven't bothered with the available prepaints yet. If I want to pick up 20 orcs, I am more likely to do so when they're hanging on a rack in a blister packaged as such - they're going to be an impulse buy.

My other annoyance with the collectable prepaints is the basing of them - particularly the Mage Knight ones. Can't anyone just put them on a square 1 inch base?

Hmm - a question - are these Legendary Adventures figs going to be tied to a game system? If so, will it be Warlord, a variant of Warlord, or another game altogether?

Well, I'm of two minds about plastics. I've always preferred metal miniatures but I am quite fond of some of the GW plastic stuff, because you can do a lot with it, especially when it comes to conversions and stuff.

However, GW plastics are a lot different from the D&D type pre-painted plastics and I just really don't like those and the main reason is the material they're made from. The D&D ones are made from that horrid bendy plastic stuff which I can't stand, and it's a bit of a shame really because there are actually a couple of the sculpts I'd try and aquire just to repaint (and re-base). But I prefer straight swords!

So my question is, what kind of the plastic will the reaper plastics be made from? (I glanced through the thread but couldn't see anything on this)

I wonder if the Ready to Fight rules will be a streamlined/simplified version of Warlord? RTF rules included in every box. Buy two boxes and skirmish as well as get a lead into Warlord.

Ron

I wonder if the Ready to Fight rules will be a streamlined/simplified version of Warlord? RTF rules included in every box. Buy two boxes and skirmish as well as get a lead into Warlord.

RTF is not a rules set.

It means the minis are "Ready to Fight" right out of the box. This is going to be one our catch phrases for our plastic minis. Kind of like Heroic Scale is our catch phrase.

RTF is not a rules set.

It means the minis are "Ready to Fight" right out of the box. This is going to be one our catch phrases for our plastic minis. Kind of like Heroic Scale is our catch phrase.

Sorry, my misunderstanding based on something that I read (or imagined that I read) somewhere.

That said, for the minis that are sold as a set (like a group of orcs), you might want to think about making up and including a sheet containing some sort of very simplified Warlord rules. Say, drop some stats (DIS, MD, #RA, #MA), have only a few spells (and simplified spell handling), use simplified tracks (some critters can take multiple hits, but no degredation), simplified command/elite rules (mainly, don't worry about it), and only a handful of SAs (if any). Give people something that they can play with if they buy multiple mini packs that also serves as sort of an intro into Warlord.

Just a thought,

Ron