Spartan6

Dinner date

LOL! OH MY GOD! this is hillarious! I can totally see one of my coworkers or students doing this on a date (I work in the military division at UoP). Leave it up to a guy to make a dinner out of MRE's!

I got a case of MRE's from my father in laws friend. but they were olny the entree, no chocolate bars. I still have one left, my favorite, turkey stew.

I think we just figgured this was the kind of thing Spartan would do.

I actually enjoyed most MREs I've had. Granted, the Weiners were a bit much. I never understood why they were so sought-after.

See here's the deal with MRE's. We as Americans are meat eaters. We eat a lot of it and when you don't get to tear into a burger or steak for a long time you begin to crave that meat "texture". The frankfurter MRE gave you a little of that "meat" satisfaction you find yourself craving.

Spartan,

I passed this story along in an email to one of my coworkers and she said she definitely had some students who would do something like this. I have to say, out of all the students I have, my active duty military ones would do something like this. Sometimes the guys are just clueless!

I'm sure this will end up being passed around University of Phoenix's military division by the end of the week. Most of my coworkers would appreciate this fantabulous story.

I read this sevral years ago actually.... I think it was when I was coresponding with my Pen pals in the Gulf War.... And I really liked the dried fruit in the MREs

I never had any serious problems with my plumbing after eating MREs, but I've heard horror stories. I suppose my mom's cooking kinda conditioned me for three-years-old rehydrated meatlike ..er... stuff?

As for the dessert..that's dang good stuff. My bro-in-law calls it Ranger Pudding and alleges it is the absolute perfect food to load up on when one has to be awake three nights and kill alot of people...and not be bothered with needing to use the latrine.

BTW I have tasted the old C Rations. MRE is far better. Those old powdered eggs are right barfy. (I went to a cheap inner-city summer camp when I was a kid)

Pork Chow Mein is the best MRE ever. ::): Tuna and Noodles if it's warm, Ham omelette if it's warm and doused in tabasco and ham slice with a cheese packet between two crackers round out my top four favs.

Worst one ever? Chicken Ala King. It was low-grade catfood. :wacko:

And no, I never, ever, ever took pork patties or ham slices and tossed them to the Iraqi kids intentionally because they were pork and the kids were Muslim. :;):