Sign in to follow this  
Boren Backslap

Background material?

I've noticed that most of the Reaper miniatures line have names that reference countries or organizations or the like (Malvernis, Of the Blade, Haldorr, Kjord, etc...)

Is there somewhere that has some background information on the setting most of these miniatures are based in?

I'd just be curious to learn a little about the countries and characters these figs are based on.

A very good question.

It might be part of their Wargame's history.

As far as I know, which is suprisingly little.

--lstormhammer

In a nutshell, the characters, their histories and the world they come from were part of the RPG world several of us have played in for years. The first major publishing of the world was the table top game Dark Heaven Apocalypse (currently out of print) A release of the world with all of the characters etc is scheduled for release next year.

A release of the world with all of the characters etc is scheduled for release next year.

woohoo!

early next year?  or post Gencon?  or Holiday shopping?

Like it matters, we'll buy it.  

cbs

I would prefer next year to be Jan 1st. (Actually I would prefer before that, but it wouldn't be "next year" then would it!

Lady Tam

Will it be a tabletop game? †Or adventures?

Background material for running an RPG (d20) in the setting is underway.

I don't want to say too much lest I get dragged out to the woodshed and flogged, but it will include information on of the nations and Kingdoms of Adon (the largest and central continent in the world of Avalorr), the Gods that hold sway in the world, as well as the types of organizations and characters you can expect to find there. †

So soon you'll be able to read all about the Empire of Malvernis and their sinister Inquisition, the horse riders of the sweeping plains of Haldor, and the fierce tribal reavers of Kjord.

Damon Dorsey

I might add, without getting myself into trouble... ::looks from side to side::... I mean the Inquisition can be nasty... the Eldest Son is the first in a line of RPG suplements... and there are more on the way.

Nadin

the Eldest Son is the first in a line of RPG suplements... and there are more on the way.

yea, my GM told me not to get it, she plans on using it on us first, then I can have it.

I'm so bad at patiently waiting.

cbs

I would be interested in seeing some other DHA players' Stat Bars on some of the figures that have come out since the game, and not covered in Casket Works articles.

... I get dragged out to the woodshed and flogged...

Ouch! You guys are rather extreme in defense of your properties. Either that or there's some kind of weird spanking/wrist slapping with a ruler/flogging underground I know nothing about. :)

I am safe as I am only a lowly freelancer, and quite the physical distance from HQ... and if I said anything they would have to send the Inquisition after me. I wonder if the Grand Inquisitor watched the program last night on punishment in the History Channel... I mean only good to give him ideas.

::Whistles innocently::

:D

Nadin

Hey all-

I've got the boxed game.  Picked it up a couple of years back.  It's got loads of info in it on most of the characters through #2400 or so.

Maps, background, histories, biographies, etc.  I'd be happy to look up any information on a specific character for some one.  

The in house game is quiet good, I could never find anyone who played in my area.  It's a skirmish style combat based on all the DHA line of models.

Is that a fair summary Kit?

SK

The boxed set does a very good skirmish game. My gang has been painting and playing since April, And we are now using 3000-4000 point armies on each side (about 40-50 figures each).

Sunday night, we played a section of the battle at Helm's Deep (from LOTR). (Can I say that without Vulture demons, ah...lawyers, descending on me?). Great fun, especially watching orcs try to carry ladders accross ditches while under fire. Rating the heroes was a challenge, subject to both trial and error, and lots of "---- is my favorite, he should get more save points!"

Overall a much superior system to Chainmail for running big actions, next up---a siege involving rival Highland factions.