Sergeant_Crunch

Space Marines

I did one or two back when I first started painting & I have the big lord guy with helmet bearer for the Dark Angels that I want to paint up someday

RM

I have not yet technically painted a "space marine" but I have painted several dozen Chaos marines...hehe... yes, yes, I know...same thing! I do however have a few marines sitting on my shelf waiting to be painted, and in a few months or so when I reduce the wall of shame to a more managable size I plan to do a Dark Angels army, so there is a few more that I will have to paint!

I've never painted one. I may someday paint a few Dark Angels just 'cause I like the way they look.

They're the easiest to paint, I have a ton of them. :lol: I have about four full tactical squads and two or three Terminator squads, several scout squads, a Rhino, a Predator, a Land Raider, a couple land speeders and several of the personalities.

Ignore Cheryl, Bruce. The Dark Angels are very cool. :B):

The GW subsidiary ForgeWorld.com puts out some amazing figures (and vehicles) that leave the regular GW Space Marines in the dust. Death Korps of Krieg has a tough WWI look. Renegade Ogryn are fearsome. I think they are all resin, and expensive.

Forgeworld IS all resin, and insanely expensive. Nice, if you have the money, or so I hear.

I painted my first marines about two months ago, helping me sister's hubby with his Dark Angels. It took me a while to convince him of some of the more important rules of army painting. I also painted, with a bit more care, Duke Gerard as a Captain for his army (Gerard was a present from me). He was very impressed with the model!

No marines, but I have painted two full armies of Necrons.

@spartan i'm sorry but necrons are easier to paint. what's easier than metalic skeletons.

I've never painted anything from the WH40K line. I do like some of the Tau designs, but that's about it. Well, that, and the idea of Space Orcs just amuses me. I did once find a set of race files for WH40K Space Orcs for Space Empires IV, so I downloaded and used them.

I have read some of the fiction books and some of the fluff in the other books.

Ron

Two started as samples in Gen Con classes, never completed. No plans to finish them at this time.

I haven't painted any space marines and don't plan to.

They aren't the kind of mini I have fun painting and I don't really like the sculpts.

Never say never though.

I personally enjoy painting Space Marines :)

I first hated them, but they've grown on me.

The plastic regiment kits are great too, for mixing and matching parts - you can really come up with some unique combinations.

I second that if Reaper ever did a line of sci-fi/moderns I'd have to take out a second mortgage.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I picked up a discounted (open box) "Battle for Macragge" set yesterday, so now I have more of the little beggars. I'm still not into the 40K fluff, etc. but it might make a good beer and pretzels game, and the crashed lander terrain is actually kind of cool. The truth is, if the Space Marines were any more detailed, I wouldn't have bothered. What I enjoyed about painting them is the fact they are simple and very different from most of the Reaper fantasy stuff I normally do. In terms of the box set, the tyranids look like they'd be more interesting to paint, but a little harder to do nicely. I'll have to pace myself to get through the whole box (and I still have a couple dozen "Mines of Moria" goblins I need to finish as well)

I've never painted a Space Marine, or played Warhammer.

My first miniature game was Warlord. Before that it was Chess, Axies and Allies (and similar strategy board games) and a bunch of different Avalon Hill (I think) bookcase games (with all those annoynig little cardboard squares that are so easy to lose).

Of course, I've barely finished painting models for Warlord and CAV, so how could I possibly have time to paint some GW stuff?

And it's all the Storms' fault for getting me into Warlord and CAV :lol: I started coming here initially because I liked the DHL stuff and was painting for AD&D.

I had grand plans for my own SM chapter, the Atomic Fist. They were yellow with red trim, and the chapter badge was a fist holding a mushroom cloud. But after one tactical sqaud of 10 figs which ranged from old Roque trader beakies to the new storm trooper knock-offs, I was BORED BORED BORED. I switched to choas marines which were much more interesting to paint, and got about 30 or so done before I ever played a game, including 2 rhinos, one painted up as the General Lee, and the other as the Torino from Starsky and Hutch. I played twice, then sold it all on ebay for a tremendous loss. That I didn't like the game should be obvious, but if anyone is looking for an anti-GW rant, I'm always happy to oblige.

On the other hand, I've painted about 1000 space marines in 6mm ::P: