Sazabi Reverse

Really, REALLY bad days

The title is pretty self explanatory, but to sum it up, I'm having a really, REALLY bad day today. So what did I used to do to cope? Play Soul Calibur 2 with Nightmare on practice mode with the steel paddle looking thingie. Oddly enough, beating the ever living hoohaa out of someone for a good twenty minutes is strangely satisfying. :blink:

So, now it's your turn. What do you guys do on a bad day to get over that awful funk?

Well, my bad days tend to result from lack of sleep, so the obvious remedy is sleep...frustrating days, I'll either play mechwarrior (nothing like some stompy death to cheer you up) or go pound out something on the piano.

I cry. Then I take a hot shower. Then I go paint in my pajamas. that works. I cry when I'm mad, sad, frustrated, upset, sick-basically it's my emotional release-then I paint to cheer myself up.

I don't have bad days. Bad days are a state of mind. Since I am usually emotionally unattached to reality most times (its how I lead a stress-free life) except for those things a CHOOSE to emotionally invest myself in, I very, very rarely have a bad day. Even when work suxs like a Hoover.

Damon.

I'm having some stress at work lately and the best way I've found is distraction through any means possible- internet, paint, hang with the wife and kids, etc.. Anything to keep my mind off of it, but it can be tough.

Makes it even tougher when you don't particularly enjoy your chosen career path as much as you used to, and wish you could change it.

I have, as an admitted video game addict, used Nightmare for emotional release. I always liked the sword called "glam". That sword just looks too cool. Especially when you stick it on the Sigfried skin. I've also used Halo for a similar effect. It isn't so much the blowing stuff up that cures your pain as the complete mental emptiness that results from video games. Just zone out and let your reflexes run the show for a bit, and you can start from a clean emotional slate afterwards.

I'm also a fan of night time walks. Just walk until your feet can't take it anymore, and if you don't feel better by then then you should probably get some help :rolleyes: .

I'm having some stress at work lately and the best way I've found is distraction through any means possible- internet, paint, hang with the wife and kids, etc.. Anything to keep my mind off of it, but it can be tough.

Makes it even tougher when you don't particularly enjoy your chosen career path as much as you used to, and wish you could change it.

Whew...I hear you, brother. I'm right there. My problem currently, though, is that there is little escape from the stressors at home, either. Recent weeks have hit us with yet more family medical issues, both local and at distance, plus legal/financial hiccups and a handful of other things that don't bear mentioning, except to say they're collectively 'not helping'.

Part of my therapy, though, is trying to move toward the next big job/career change. Money can't buy happiness, but I'm of a mind it can make a nice down payment.

The best strategy I've found is to have many things in your life that you find satisfaction in. Work, family, friends and painting are mine (listed in no particular order BTW). When life sucks in one area focus on the others.