Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Adept Box Sets

I've been asking for more Ogres already in plenty of threads already, but I thought I'd throw down in Reaper General just to see if I get a response from Reaper.

Figures I would like to see: Box set, like the Lupines, except featuring Ben Siens/Seins Ogres. Set would include Gurm, Yagun Oog, and four Braugs in individual poses, and a musician and standard bearer. That would be eight Ogres, all in one box. How cool would that be? I would suggest waiting until each had their own pose, then launching this box set. That way no one can complain about having two of the same sculpt. Each of these figs could be bought separately too.

I think this would rock for the Minotaurs as well.

I've got enough DHL to proxy for the time being, and will prolly pick up some more, but nothing looks so good to the eye as a cohesive army.

Cheers.

I think this would be a great idea. I know I would buy them. Even if they didn't make alternate Warlord sculpts but threw in some of the DHL ogres for variety. I counted 10 DHL ogres. They are all good sculpts, but some in particular are excellent and would spice up any good ogre horde.

That price point would be horrendous. Even heavily discounted you're talking $80 for a box. Reaper hasn't done anything that pricey except for dragons... I don't think there are that many people who want hordes of ogres either. Now, if they were to paint up some models and show us an ogre horde, maybe things would be different.

Actually, the price point wouldn't be anywhere near that high, not if the models fall in line with the previous ogres. Braug and Gurm are $7 and $8 respectively. An undiscounted boxed set with Yagun ($10), Gurm ($8), Braug in 4 poses ($7 each), and a Braug-like musician and standard-bearer ($7 each) would come in at $60. The Lupines boxed set contains nearly $60 worth of models (Lord @$13, Shaman @$10.50, and 4 Ragers @$9 ea.) and is priced at a very modest $40.

~v

Eighty dollars well spent if each model has its own pose. I'd save up for it. Looking at so many other companies models, it doesn't seem outrageous compared to Warhammer, Warmachine, etc. I know Reaper wants to keep Warlord as a less expensive game than some of the competition. There's a big difference between "less expensive" and "CHEAP". The Lupines probably could have had some more poses in that box set. I'd like to see the Ogre box set next year if it means it's done right.

I'd rather get 11 or so Ogres for a troop at 80$ than spend that on two Hordes box sets--model count is comparable.