• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

#106 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:47 AM

I was/am very disappointed with the changes the 2007 Rage Chronicles brought about, specifically the multi-wound profile chanage. We typically play larger battles, and the multipe wounds really confuse combat and slow down game play. I sold all of my Warlord elves a few weeks ago because I had lost interest in the game. All that being said, I very much like the new gnomes (or is that gnew gnomes?) and, if they get their own sub-list, may encourage me to get back into Warlord. I like that they are an odd mix of mid-nor dwarves and skaven, because I like those two armies very much. In any case, I'll be buying the models...

Sad to hear that you don't like the expanded damage track system, but I'm glad to hear that you may be giving it another chance.

When Rage Chronicles '07 came out last year, Gus made sure to mention the Blood Stone gnomes would continue to be expanded upon. And it looks like he's sticking to his word with the new releases that popped up in the Preview gallery
http://www.reapermin...atures/previews
Beetle Rider, Hoks, and the Warlord(in the greens) are all super cool models.

Since they got a Warlord I would be surprised if they didn't get some kind of Sub-List love.

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#107 Gus Landt

Gus Landt

Godlike

• Members
  • 5087 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

I think it's safe to go public with this now:
The Bloodstone Gnomes are getting yanked - out of Darkspawn and into their own mini-faction (ala Razig)!

I'll PM you a beta test list. ::):
“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” - C.S. Lewis "I'm not sure God wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to love, and be loved. But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery. Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering." - C.S. Lewis

#108 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:41 AM

Go Conjutivus the Beholder and D'Khul, if the Darkspawn keep heading in this direction I might be owning a few of their models shortly. Even with the loss of BS Gnomes, the faction looks pretty nice given the addition of Driders and the Underdark feel it is getting. Almost a shame that Thnunginar and his Dark Dwarves arn't part of this faction, I'd be sold on that for sure (I guess there is always freelance).
There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

#109 Gus Landt

Gus Landt

Godlike

• Members
  • 5087 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:55 AM

Go Conjutivus the Beholder and D'Khul, if the Darkspawn keep heading in this direction I might be owning a few of their models shortly. Even with the loss of BS Gnomes, the faction looks pretty nice given the addition of Driders and the Underdark feel it is getting. Almost a shame that Thnunginar and his Dark Dwarves arn't part of this faction, I'd be sold on that for sure (I guess there is always freelance).

We will be adding in the '25% Merc rule', where up to 25% of your army can be Mercs. So you'll be able to field the dark dwarves and still be Darkspawn. :devil:
“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” - C.S. Lewis "I'm not sure God wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to love, and be loved. But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery. Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering." - C.S. Lewis

#110 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

I don't mind that idea, so long as the 25% can only be from the Merc faction, not any other factions.
There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

#111 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:46 AM

The darkspawn got a fairly valuable tool in RC'08. The Isiri Arachnid Warriors.

At first glace they look like your average large based warrior. But in a faction littered with expensive low dv mages, they bring fill a great niche for a low cost. We all know the basics of using models to block los to your casters, but that pesky archer on a hill ruins everything.
The Arachnids have a nice DV 12 and Deflect/1, so most archers will have a hard time tagging them. Their larger bases not only block LOS from large models and models on higher elevation, but when turned to touch corner to corner, they can reach about 4"s across.

This should allow for some breathing room for the Witch Queen. Forcing other models to go around the spiders to get to her. Also, as long as she's behind them most people will probably direct their spells elsewhere for fear of counter spell.

I haven't tried it out in a game, but as living shields Arachnids are cream of the crop.

#112 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

At first glace they look like your average large based warrior. But in a faction littered with expensive low dv mages, they bring fill a great niche for a low cost. We all know the basics of using models to block los to your casters, but that pesky archer on a hill ruins everything.

I wouldn't say they are littered with low DV mages. They only have three left, and Rauthuros isnt exactly a low DV mage, but even he got his casting capacity lowered. That leaves only the Pain Mage and the Witch Queen. Guros and Ashakia lost mage ability, and the Bloodstone Priest got pulled from the faction.

#113 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:11 PM

I wouldn't say they are littered with low DV mages. They only have three left, and Rauthuros isnt exactly a low DV mage, but even he got his casting capacity lowered. That leaves only the Pain Mage and the Witch Queen. Guros and Ashakia lost mage ability, and the Bloodstone Priest got pulled from the faction.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.... I'm still in denial :(

#114 Bingas

Bingas

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:20 AM

Greetings and Salutations all,

Whilst i'm loving the new Darkspawn list, i'm a little concerned. I'm used to playing a heavy mage army, but it seems that i'm now down a few casters. (No more bloodstone priest, and Guros and Ashkia nolonger cast)

I havn't played the bad guys in a while so i'm wondering how this has changed the dynamic of my army.

Also is there an ETA on the drider (or whatever they're called) models?

Bugger i'm late for work...

Catch you later

#115 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

All good things come to an end.
RC2007 is being replaced with RC2008.

Check out your new faction thread: Darkspawn 2008

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users