Reaperbryan

Necropolis

69 posts in this topic

Discuss factions, builds, and how to crush your foes mightily in this thread!

Well, someone else on these boards has already mentioned this, but I think this is a good way to begin our discussion of the new Necropolis:

JUDAS CAN FLY!!!

"Emerging from their hellish tomb

Taking flight amidst the night

The evening skies are raining death

Swooping down from shadowed skies

Taking simple human form

Shed their wings to stalk the mortal man

Lock their jaws into your veins

Satanic soldiers strike their prey

Leaving corpses waiting for the change

Blood dripping from the jaws of death

Not enough to satisfy

They must drain your soul of life"

Slayer- "At Dawn They Sleep."

I finally got my wish, too. A non-corporeal Captain, so I can have a complete non-corporeal troop full of wraiths and Nivar. I like the new Nivar, too. Good Stuff.

I finally got my wish, too. A non-corporeal Captain, so I can have a complete non-corporeal troop full of wraiths and Nivar. I like the new Nivar, too. Good Stuff.

I was thinking of building a troop of wraiths too. Care to share any cool tactics that you use with them?

Take advantage of any terrain features to hide behind or in, like buildings in particular, to keep them under cover until they get to their intended target. End your movement around these things. I like to use them as a "seek and destroy" troop that stays hidden until they get where they're going and then pop out and gang up with the Wraiths giving support to Nivar.

With Gauren a Captain now, the troop could be split into 2 small groups with Gauren and Nivar each with 3 Wraiths.

Well, someone else on these boards has already mentioned this, but I think this is a good way to begin our discussion of the new Necropolis:

JUDAS CAN FLY!!!

From all the old fluff from the faction book and stats, the new FLY SA for Judas sort of gives an indication of what the difference between an annointed and unannointed vampire might be.

Before hand, There wasn't much to say what the difference was, other that Judas was a warlord and the rest weren't, there is finally a difference.

Of course, in a future KJ, maybe we'll see who gets annointed by Judas and we can then compare the annointeed and unannointed versions to see what a difference it makes.

Of course, if Reaper were to create a SA Annointed around that time, with the restriction that it must be given to a vampire and only one vampire in you army can be annointed which we could then apply to our armies and have fun with it. See whom we would all have annointed.

Current candiates from the fluff, of course, are Elsabeth and Naomi, who seem to be battling it out.

Whilst the original fluff suggests that it was likely to go to a female vampire, it might go to a male, and the only males of known significance are Vandrain, Oscric and Tharian. I think we can discount Athak as he's a non-unique sergeant.

Of course, this might be all speculation as the fluff also says that Judas is also more powerful than a normal annointed vampire thanks to the font of power and he gets his flying ability thanks to it.

Any thoughts on this?

Tim

Judas

Syphrilla

Gauntfield (because it's extra-special-cool)

5 Crimson Knights

4 Gargoyles

Try it out against your next opponent.

JUDAS CAN FLY!!!

From all the old fluff from the faction book and stats, the new FLY SA for Judas sort of gives an indication of what the difference between an annointed and unannointed vampire might be.

Before hand, There wasn't much to say what the difference was, other that Judas was a warlord and the rest weren't, there is finally a difference.

Of course, in a future KJ, maybe we'll see who gets annointed by Judas and we can then compare the annointeed and unannointed versions to see what a difference it makes.

Of course, if Reaper were to create a SA Annointed around that time, with the restriction that it must be given to a vampire and only one vampire in you army can be annointed which we could then apply to our armies and have fun with it. See whom we would all have annointed.

Current candiates from the fluff, of course, are Elsabeth and Naomi, who seem to be battling it out.

Whilst the original fluff suggests that it was likely to go to a female vampire, it might go to a male, and the only males of known significance are Vandrain, Oscric and Tharian. I think we can discount Athak as he's a non-unique sergeant.

Of course, this might be all speculation as the fluff also says that Judas is also more powerful than a normal annointed vampire thanks to the font of power and he gets his flying ability thanks to it.

Any thoughts on this?

Tim

Hmmm, if I were Judas, I'd annoint Oscric just to tick off Kentaur and Dauron as well as keeping the Naomi~Elsabeth cat-fight alive.

Yeah, an Annointed SA would be interesting. It does raise the question of 'in the future will Reaper create "promotions" within each army'?

It does raise the question of 'in the future will Reaper create "promotions" within each army'?

Freya was promoted from Sergeant to Captain in this RAGE Chronicle.

It does raise the question of 'in the future will Reaper create "promotions" within each army'?

Freya was promoted from Sergeant to Captain in this RAGE Chronicle.

Yeah, but I'm talking about fielding the Freya as a Sergeant or a Captain.

ick! Freya as a Captain? [Oh, to get this back onto Necropolis ground] Azarphan can still kick her mass!

Hmmm, if I were Judas, I'd annoint Osric just to tick off Kentaur and Dauron as well as keeping the Naomi~Elsabeth cat-fight alive.

Yeah, an Annointed SA would be interesting. It does raise the question of 'in the future will Reaper create "promotions" within each army'?

I must admit, that from the fluff, Osric would be a good candidate as a Judas favourite. Judas lets the girls battle it out, and then hits them all with a double-whammy and annoints Oscric who's standing in the sidelines (although he has already made a few enemies along the way). Although, Elsabeth, in her madness, might not even care and carry on as normal.

Vandrain, I think won't, as there are "others" from the fluff trying to get him to challenge Judas, whilst Tharian is hoping his new understanding of necromatic magic will reveal a way to rid himself of Judas' yoke.

Maybe there's a thought, if Tharian learns enough, he'll realise that Reapers will return and his kind will be fighting over the blood of rats (from Moandain's fluff) would it be possible for a Vampire to kill himself to become a lich?

As Lady Storm pointed out Freya was promoted to captain, but closer to home we had Lord Gauren go from Hero to Captain.

A promotion of sorts, but I felt was more to do will redesign than from an actual promotion.

But all say and done, over the course of a campaign, you must expect losses in the upper ranks as well as the lower, and therefore there would be no reason why promotions from serg. to captain to happen, or possible captain to Warlord.

For mages and clerics, you would expect the uniques to possibly gain spell levels and spells; you might also expect unique warriors to get toughened/battle-hardened and unique Archers to increase their skill as well.

I say uniques as non-uniques should be the starting point of any figure. As time goes on you might expect new uniques of those figure whom have risen through the ranks and can be distinguished from them.

Heck, if we were to blow this discussion out and say that Osric was annointed over the rest, perhaps Naomi would rebel and set herself up as a warlord? (i'd guess Naomi, as from the fluff, she sounds the most ambitious)

Tim

I know the answer is in the forums somewhere already, however, I'm asking this here while I go look for it and so that it's in an obvious place a new player would look. If I find it, I'll re-edit the question.

The data cards say Skeletal Warriors 14075 and Skeletal Swordsman 14137.

The models on the website say Skeletal Warriors 14354/06133 and Skeletal Breakers 06132 (couldn't find an individual number)

I'm assuming the Breakers are now the Swordsmen, but I'd like some verification.

I just bought the starter set of Warlord, wondering on ideas to expand theNecropolis in the box to 1000. Any good ideas for builds. I am lost.