Woo Hoo first post. :upside:

I'm hoping that our FA gets a serious look at it with the KJ but with the way that Crimson Embrace has been brought around to being much more usefull I'm feeling pretty good that our FA will come up to par with the rest.

Welcome to the Swamp.

Well, aside from the tactic of using T'Kay to fling Poo at our enemies (not a tactic that I endorse, btw), does anyone have any thoughts based on either their open or closed beta experiences? I had good luck using the trolls, personally. With mobility, defense, and packing a nice punch, they fared well toe-to-toe with their points value of opponents in the games when I used them.

~v

I've had good luck with Uru and the boys both in the combat and in the diversion departments. The flyers are great for taking objectives and protecting your flanks.

I refuse to field excrement on principle. If I want poo I'll look behind the Krunbgbeast :unsure:

When you had to roll 2 DIS checks to get into b2b with the Hydra I used him as a very efficitive road block. I used a gap between the two halves of my opponents army and concentrated everything I had on one half.

opponent had a very difficult time getting into b2b with the Hydra to lanch a successful atttack. By the time he was actually able to take the hydra down one hald of the army was gone and the other half was pretty well chewed up.

It was just a matter of time after that. :devil:

Except that all Fearsome does now is make your opponent Shaken if they fail the Dis check. They still get to base you; the Shaken doesn't matter too much when it comes to the Hydra. MAV 9 = you are getting hit anyway.

~v

But being Shaken means the Hydra can Frenzy up to 7 attacks and still have the same chance to hit you as if you weren't shaken, it makes a huge difference if your Hydra is getting mobbed by soldier models and needs those extra attacks.

Ahhh, but then what you do, is let those Models take the Shaken token, and use the Hydra to attack the ones that survived the Discipline check with its Defensive Strikes.

Then have Ssudai or Poo drop a Scare on the Models and force them all to retreat. Save the combat for the ones that survived the Fearsome, and get rid of those opposing multi track models far more efficiently.

The scary part is the number of Mages with Fearsome that could be ground zero for the Scare :devil:

But being Shaken means the Hydra can Frenzy up to 7 attacks and still have the same chance to hit you as if you weren't shaken, it makes a huge difference if your Hydra is getting mobbed by soldier models and needs those extra attacks.

Assuming the models aren't Fearsome... or Fearless... or Undead... or... you get the point.

~v

Then have Ssudai or Poo drop a Scare on the Models and force them all to retreat. Save the combat for the ones that survived the Fearsome, and get rid of those opposing multi track models far more efficiently.

They will only retreat if they are out of cohesion.

Rich

They will only retreat if they are out of cohesion.

Rich

Technicalities! First you eat the leader with your Hydra, then go for the scare spell.....

Castlebuilder

I thought two shaken token = auto retreat wether or not your in cohetion.

THis has never been the case, previously there were a few limited instances where you could retreat while in cohesion, I believe these have been eliminated in the new rules set as they were tied to special abilties and spells that have been ammended.

Off the top of my head, if you fail an attempt to break from combat while already shaken you would still retreat under then new rules, that was the major way of a model retreating while still in cohesion under the previous rules set as well, most other instances of retreat can only occur if you recieve that second token while out of cohesion.

Okay, who can give me a competent 1000 point list? Preferable, but not essential, is the Shamaness, 6 Warriors, 6 Breakers. I have Khong-To as well. I don't much like the Nagendra Rangers sculpts but anything else is fair game.

Technicalities! First you eat the leader with your Hydra, then go for the scare spell.....

It is difficult for the grunts to be out of cohesion if they are all crowded around the same enemy model - leader or no leader.

Rich