jdripley

Spells/Equipment we'd like to see back in the game

The intent of this thread is simply to inform Reaper of what the forum-going fanbase would like to see as far as removed equipment and spells - anything that was dropped as we changed from v1.2 to Chronicles 07. It would be rather counter productive to express displeasure about what was left out. I also think it would be a discredit to their hard work to say things like "It'd be so easy just to include X Y or Z" and pass game creation and balance off as a simple thing. I also don't want this thread to be taken as an insult to the spells we DO have. I just want Reaper to know which spells we'd like to see back, since they have not-quite-sublty-hinted that they plan on including some of them, if it works out.

Ok, enough with saying one thing with a hundred words...

So what this is for is simply to list some of your most beloved "left out" spells and equipment and perhaps some constructive ideas on how they might be altered to fit into the new Chronicles 07 system of play.

I'll kick it off with my list:

--- Spear of Aurelius/Crusader - perhaps removing the base size requirements, or just saying "only available for Ironraven."

--- Plague of Frogs/Nefsokar - Similar stats to the Spectral Minions, just like before, only on the large base size. Without the Vermin SA it would be wierd to have frogs block LOS... not so sure how to get around that.

--- Burning Hail/Nefsokar - Perhaps this could be along the lines of "Lightning Storm" where it is an aoe that does 2 points of damage? It is, after all, the original version of Firestorm and it makes sense that it would be more powerful than the current "bastardized," as it's put in the book, version. Maybe somewhere around 65-70 points, since Firestorm is currently 30 and it ought to be at least double since the damage is double, plus an extra charge because you're doing twice as much all at once (though the Cure costs don't seem to consider that doing more all at once is costed as steeply...).

I miss the individual model movement upgrades a little. They were kinda cool, and I'd like to see them come back in the future KJs.

~v

I think some fairly basic yet helpful equipment at 5, 10, 20 point values would be very nice. I know we already have a bunch of good 15 point upgrades. Can we get a 20? Or a 5, maybe a one-shot item. And make them so that it isn't a last ditch point cost just to get neat 1K or 1.5K or 2K. Just my thoughts.

my single most purchased item from1.2 was the improved protection. Gave +1 DV and deflect/1.

To be honest, I would love to have a piece of layered armor:

deflect /+1 - 5 points

deflect /+2 - 15 points

deflect /3 - 25 points

and say something to the affect of, deflect cant go higher than 3

Divine Favor, baby!! That 10 point piece of equipment was a must in every game! Of course, I'm not sure I want to see Judas flying around with GMA and Divine Protection!! :blink:

Wild Bill :blues:

Divine Favor, baby!! That 10 point piece of equipment was a must in every game! Of course, I'm not sure I want to see Judas flying around with GMA and Divine Protection!! :blink:

Wild Bill :blues:

That's probably why we may not see it back . What I'd like to see is a one use "Healing Potion" - Cost 10 pts , Heals 1 wound but can only be used on concious models not stunned .

I want to see Komagg Bleeder Spear back (i think it was Komagg, don't have my book, and often confuse it with Spirit Imbued Blade). I loved that Reven specific piece of equipment. Mav +1, Reach and Trencher. Presumably now it would also include First Strike.

I am still saddened that most of the cool things in the Crusader book became general use, instead of Faction specific: Blessed Resurrection and Holy Weapon.

I too would like to add a vote for Striking Spear of Aurelius to return, at least in some incarnation. It was a really unique weapon.

But what I truly want to return, Helm of the Hawk ::P::lol::poke:

...snip...

I would actually like to see it return as a piece of Generic Equipment that allows Indirect Shots made without a range penalty. Add a +1 RAV to make it a pricy viable choise for your archer power houses, and it would be a fun item to have out there.

Model must already have the Indirect Shot ability of course, no soul cannons lobbing into the frays.

...snip...

I would actually like to see it return as a piece of Generic Equipment that allows Indirect Shots made without a range penalty. Add a +1 RAV to make it a pricy viable choise for your archer power houses, and it would be a fun item to have out there.

Model must already have the Indirect Shot ability of course, no soul cannons lobbing into the frays.

Hmmmm.

While black-powder artillery is certainly capable of making indirect attacks, it wouldn't be very accurate. The reason why I wouldn't allow it for Soul Cannons is (aside from having a bit too high RAV still), shipboard gun carriages simply don't allow for the kind of elevation required.

I could see a Dwarven mortar, maybe, though. Or something from outside of Taltos.

RAV 6, Indirect Shot, AOE/2, Slow Fire... Maybe 120-150 points, with 4 tracks?

I don't know about items I'd like to see back in the game, but there are a few that I think could add alot to the game.

I'd actually like to see some more crazy magic weapons. Give us the Sword of Justice that grants Smite Evil/2 and Smite Undead/2. How about one that allows you to use all of your attacks as first strikes. Just remember to make these very expensive.

How about reflective armor. Anytime the model wearing this armor is shot at the ranged attack roll is applied against the shooting model. Or make it a shield and have this bonus apply to the model and anyone in b2b with him.

@Ecs05norway

I don't doubt that a cannon or any other model without the SA Indirect Shot could arch a shot and hit a target, but the game currently says they aren't allowed. So I was thinking the magic item I described wouldn't grant that ability to the weapons.

Pure personal opinion here, but I think mortars are too advanced for Warlord. It goes against the grain of what I like in the game. Call them Dwarven Divine Callers, and say they summon down smites and I'll be happy with that. Innate(call lightning) Mmmmm :)

Pure personal opinion here, but I think mortars are too advanced for Warlord. It goes against the grain of what I like in the game. Call them Dwarven Divine Callers, and say they summon down smites and I'll be happy with that. Innate(call lightning) Mmmmm :)

Heh. They had mortars as early as the Napoleonic era, if not before. And Razig is very definitely Napoleonic-ish. :)

I'd like to see the cleric spell "Part" return. I mean, it just became useful with the large amount of burrowers available now.

Plus I'd like to see someone use it in my Valley scenario. It was the perfect spell to push someone off a cliff. :devil: