zepgodiria

Life after graduation

So yesterday was my last day of finals and I should officially have my BS in chemistry and environmental science soon. As of last friday I had yet to get a job, when an old bandmate of mine calls me up. He says his bass player has to quit for financial and other real life reasons, and I was the first person they all wanted to ask to replace him. I talked it over with my fiancee and she said i should go for it. As a matter of fact, everyone I talked to said to go for it.

The band's name is Year of Desolation, they are signed to Prosthetic records (same label as Lamb of God), and will be touring from next wednesday through sometime in september! Their current bass player will be with them through may and i will join up at the end of may/beginning of june. If anyone is into thrash metal check out the tour dates on the site and come see us! :devil:

Unfortunately this means no painting or Warlord for a very long time. :down: At least I have a month to get some painting done. Hopefully I can do up some of my Reaper figs and post them in the showoff section before I take off. ::D:

Congrats and good luck. The one downloadable song I listened too is pretty good (the myspace player is quirky in funtionality here at work.)

I miss my days in a band, that's for sure. Just try to remember to enjoy it and don't let the crap bother you. I was in "Silk and Steel" in Baltimore, and it was a blast. But people being people can let things go to their head. It doesn't hurt that you have a "fall back" position as a chemist.

Not bad mate. You are joining the likes of me...people with degrees in chemistry that don't do anything with it...although we still have it as a fall back job option. Glad to hear you have something fun that you enjoy doing! My reason for not doing anything in chemistry does not come from a lack of jobs, but a desire to do other things instead that to me are more important (in my case med school).

Have fun and play some serious music mate! Enjoy!