Sign in to follow this  
tabascojunkie

The History of Iron Maiden, Part 1- The Early Years

Okay, just to blab a little bit.

I've been a huge fan of Iron Maiden, the band, for any that might not know who they are, for over 20 years now. My favorite album of all time is their first album, Iron Maiden. So much so that I want the song "Strange World" from that album played at my funeral. They're the reason I learned to play guitar, and if I could imitate any one guitarist in the world's playing style and tone, it would be Dave Murray. Blah, blah, blah, gush, gush, gush. Anyway, just to let people know where I'm coming from.

My wife bought me this DVD a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the chance to watch all of it. Great stuff. 2 disc set with lots of old concert footage and interviews. The best part to me is the footage of the band at the Ruskin Arms, a club they played in the un-signed days, on the day Iron Maiden was released. There's also footage of them from the tours for Killers, The Number of the Beast, and Piece of Mind. 5 or 6 different shows throughout the first 4 albums, as well as old TV shows that spotlighted the band before they were even signed, and after, like Top of the Pops and 20th Century Box.

There are interviews with band members from way before they hit it big, before even Paul Di'anno and Dave Murray were in. Bunch of really cool stuff. Oh yeah, and all the videos from those same albums.

Anywho, I just thought I'd share with any other old headbangers like me out there, I liked it.

Up the Irons!

Eddie lives.

Oh yeah, I can't wait for part 2, for one reason-

POWERSLAVE!!!

One of my favorite bands of all time. I got in trouble in H.S. art class for doing a four foot tall copy of the Number of the Beast cover :devil: I want disc two for another reason

Piece of Mind