Versutus Vulpes

Yeti-yeti-yeti-yeti-yetiiii

Got tired of futzing - so I just wanted to crank one out...

I'll get the base snow covered once I decide on how I'll base it proper.

Anyhow - here ye go.

post-3574-1180149343.jpg

post-3574-1180149353.jpg

post-3574-1180149360.jpg

Couple things -

1. This mini is a real brushkiller! (Yes - I dry brushed - and I feel shame)

2. I have Pablo from the Backyardigans cycling through my head continually now. (If you have young kids - you know what I am living through right now)

Thanks for looking.

Wow... i really like this guy. The skin is really smooth and I like the way you highlighted it.

As for the fur.. I don't know how you would do it without drybrushing... I know I drybush that kind of fur.

I like the darkness of the mini. When you think yeti, you think white.. bright white.. I like this dark grey version...

very nice.. I like him alot

Very cool work on this guy VV. I love the fur/hair. The skin is great as well. Nice job!

The grays really make this one look good. The fur is awsome. I never like this mini because the legs always seemed out of porportion, but now I my have to consider getting it.

John Lee

1. This mini is a real brushkiller! (Yes - I dry brushed - and I feel shame)

2. I have Pablo from the Backyardigans cycling through my head continually now. (If you have young kids - you know what I am living through right now)

1. This is why I use my cheap "5 brushes for 3 dollars" set for abusive work.

2. I heard Pablo saying that while reading the thread title. I don't remember the Yeti stomp, but do recall that they drop raisins. :wacko:

If you hadn't said anything about drybrushing then I would have never guessed. That does look very good - especially given my few attempts at this kind of work.

I have no problem with people dry brushing as long as the mini looks good . Great work ! ::D:

Just don't let Anne hear you say that. :unsure:

Great work, although a little dark for my personal idea for a yeti yeti yeti yeti.

Yeah, after a while all those Backyardigan songs get stuck in your head. :wacko:

My sincere apologies for all those with the yeti thing stuck in your heads... :devil:

This did come out a little darker than I intended. I might try and lighten it up some with a white glaze. (And my luck I'll torque the whole thing).

Anyhow - thanks for the comments and the critique. Always appreciated!

VV he looks great. I would probably have lightened up the basecoat from black to a dark grey and done a wash over it a couple times. That way you would really get the white yeti look. Other than that for a critique, he looks good. I probably would have dry brushed this one as well because of the fur.

Hmmm.... the basecoat is actually Breonne blue and dark grey... Clearly this photo is reading darker than it should. The mini has a blue cast to him in real life... I agree that it is too dark though. I'll probably end up wrecking it doing this, but I am going to try white washing it... Hopefully I get the white thin enough.

Looks great from where I sit! It's a different take, something unique and well done. I think drybrushing is perfectly acceptible for something like this. You've just come up with a really good example of how it can be done quickly without looking chalky or clumpy. Heck, if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have known.