sethohman

Razig's Revenge Faction Abilities

Do the faction abilities in the new Chronicles Beta on Reapergames completely supercede the article rules? i.e. no more scurvy dog or Hate Will Sustain Me?

Or do those rules still apply, and Razig gains the undead benefits, Razig must be fielded, and comes back when killed? Without the Scurvy Dog rules, he seems not as durable - his last few DTs kind of suck, and he does not have Tough. If the rules do still apply, maybe the complete faction rules should be in the Chronicles.

Thanks!

Mike

Last I heard, Gus decided to add them to the Army SA document. I did not hear anything about changing them so drastically. The new SA's are, well, blah. Fear of Undeath is from the Necopolis army SA and Captain of the Ship is from the Crusaders army SA, I think. I'm going and that's that, I always thought was more of a hindrance than a SA. Wow, I hope this is just an oversight:(

Anthony

The Razig PDF will be going away this week, as soon as the final Rage Chronicles document goes live. Anything in the Rage Chronicles document replaces anything in the Razig PDF.

Most of Razigs Faction Special Abilities don't really apply anymore. Scurvy Dog doesn't mean anything anymore, because the new tournament system doesn't use bounty points. Bring up the Guns is moot because the Soul Cannon is already an Elite with Outrider. That just leaves 'Hate Sustains Me', which was hated by every Razig player I know. In fact, a year ago, all Asylum tournaments made that rule optional because everyone hated it.

Fear of Undeath and Captain of the Ship were added to give Razig something, since there wasn't time available to playtest cool new abilities.

Works for me - thanks a lot! Just wanted to know how I should be playing it. I honestly forgot about Hate Sustains Me 90% of the time until turn 3 or 4, anyways.

Mike

Sorry, didn't mean to be so negative. I understand the switch. Razig is my second army and I always loved their unique FA's.

I guess it was just me. I thought "Hate sustains me" was good and became great with the re-pointing of the models. Heck, I'll give up a Soul Cannon to bring Razig back!

Anthony

Sorry, didn't mean to be so negative. I understand the switch. Razig is my second army and I always loved their unique FA's.

I guess it was just me. I thought "Hate sustains me" was good and became great with the re-pointing of the models. Heck, I'll give up a Soul Cannon to bring Razig back!

Anthony

If you're a Razig lover, I'd love it if you could play around with a potential new Army Faction Special Ability they might get in the Rage Chronicles 2008. It would be called 'Land Lubber', and it would force all enemy Flyers and Burrowers to always be at ground level! Give it some playtests if you can, and email me your results at guslandt@reapermini.com ::):

Anthony

If you're a Razig lover, I'd love it if you could play around with a potential new Army Faction Special Ability they might get in the Rage Chronicles 2008. It would be called 'Land Lubber', and it would force all enemy Flyers and Burrowers to always be at ground level! Give it some playtests if you can, and email me your results at guslandt@reapermini.com ::):

Gus, That just sounds awesome. I must admit that Razig is the only ting keeping me in WL right now. BUt once again that 'Land Lubber' thing has potential.

I was about to say that Hate Sustains Me was only useless in the 1.2 set of rules. I enjoy it now that Razig is worth his wait in treasure. The price of grunts went up, and Razigs price went down, so the number of models sacrificed went down; making the ability for more useful and less of a liability. (It also gave me a second chance to get the Dark Maiden out in one game... stupid ice storms)

Then I read Land Lubber. That is a kick butt ability. In a tournament, were players can't edit their armies around it, it would be tons of fun.

I must admit that I am somewhat upset that Hate Sustains Me is leaving, especially with the changes that Shak mentioned. But I think it can still be used.

Razig is my primary faction, and the Land Lubber sounds great. Now, to convince the flying Judas of Doom that it is worth playtesting :grr:

Mike

I've not started playing Razig yet, but the flavor of the special abilities, esp. "Hate Sustains Me", is what gives the Razig faction it's coolness. Now that Razig is only worth 3-4 grunts(or a Soul Cannon), it doesn't seem like it would hurt so much.

In addition, what if it was made an optional ability, so the Razig player could choose to return his Razig to play (at the cost of troops) or leave him dead? An option like that would have a ton of tactical flexibility, and serve to differentiate the Revenge faction from the Necropolis.

Regarding "Land Lubber", I might be missing something, but in a faction where almost everyone has a ranged attack, I'm not sure grounding flyers would be that big a deal.

Anthony

Sure thing!

Anthony

Regarding "Land Lubber", I might be missing something, but in a faction where almost everyone has a ranged attack, I'm not sure grounding flyers would be that big a deal.

Shooting at a Flying Model halves your range - it's much easier than bringing out the Trig tables and calculating the hypotenuse of the right triangle you would be creating by shooting at an angle. By the time a Flyer is close enough for you to hit, it's going to be landing and eating you for dinner.

And Flyers tend to move a bit slower on the ground, though most go faster than the old Mov of 3.

And the proposed Land Lubber would force burrowing models to the surface - some thing that Razig currently simply cannot counter, as a faction.

~v