PurityThruFire

Help With Colors!

I have a mini that I will soon be working on (right now that is top secret info :poke: ).

It will be my very first attempt at a "display" quality mini.

Either tomorrow or Monday I will start a WIP thread.

In the mean time I am having trouble with a color choice.

I want to do the armor on this mini using the Dark Elf skin triad. Under the armour is some cloth and there is a cape as well.

I cannot for the life of me think what color would look good on the cloth along side the armor.

I was hoping everyone could give me a hand in figuring this out.

Thanks everybody!

Although dark elf skin as armor makes me curious, I personally would go for complimentary colors.

9712: Olive Greens Triad might be too "meh"

9762: Reptilian Greens Triad -or- 9704: Warm Green Triads might work for split-ish-complimentaries.

My personal taste would probably use 9751: Historic Blues Triad since they are awesome.

Although dark elf skin as armor makes me curious, I personally would go for complimentary colors.

Think...

Chaotic Evil

Sadly the Historic Blues triad is one I don't have.

It's hard just staring at color chips and trying to envision how they will look on the mini.

Ah... Chaotic evil is never having to say you're sorry! :blush:

That changs everything... I would go with the opposite side of the triad for the Historic Blues and use the 9701: Blood Triad.

Although the 9745: Bloodthirsty Reds triad would work there too.

This is all assuming MSP paints. Other brands will make a difference.

Oh wait! My bad! I was thinking something else on the Dark Elf Skin. The Khaki browns are more of a yellow brown... combined with the armor selection it might just be a little "sick", which might work. I think the target would be yellow orange or maybe even the yellow greens of the first recommendation would work.

This is all assuming MSP paints. Other brands will make a difference.

A good assumption.

I own a good portion of the RMS triads.

They're pretty much the only paints I use.

I do, however, still have a set of GW paints kicking around.

Purple looks good on EVERYTHING!!!!

er... except tacos ??? :blink:

Not if it was one of those ice cream choco tacos!

Tacos rule!

I suppose it's about time I became part of this infamous cult...

Oh wait, I should mention, my entire Tyranid army was purple...boo yeah!

PTF you know you want to join the cult of purple and teal? C'mon . . . just give it a try. Paint your mini purple and teal. All the cool kids are doing it. :devil:

On a serious note, and bringing the conversation around to what color you should paint the mini. For me it would depend on seeing which mini it is. How much stuff she has, the different surfaces, etc. If you can post a picture of the mini with the dark elf skin on the armor then I can give you a better assessment of what colors to go with for the cloth on it.

On a serious note, and bringing the conversation around to what color you should paint the mini. For me it would depend on seeing which mini it is. How much stuff she has, the different surfaces, etc. If you can post a picture of the mini with the dark elf skin on the armor then I can give you a better assessment of what colors to go with for the cloth on it.

That'll be happening in a day or so.

The secret is out! ::o: The model is the 54mm Monique, however, she will NOT be painted as a Vampire, simply an evil fighter.