Lord Wehrmacht

Painting Halloween Sophie 2006

Heya folks,

My next project is the Halloween Sophie aka Sophie in Cat Costume.

Im pretty much good to go but I got one small issue. Im trying to figure out how to set up Sophie to actually paint her. My first thought is to hotglue her to a pin mount where her wings set, and do her and the wings separately from the pumpkin. My only issue with that is the position for her at that point would be very awkward. Does anyone who has painted her have any suggestions about how to mount her?

Thanks,

LW

I am shocked! ::o:

I cannot believe you all would have the audacity - to beat me to the jokes! :poke:

Shame on you PurityThruFire! :lol:

Shame on you Beowulfthehunter! :lol:

To answer Lord Wehrmacht: "Roofies." ::):

Honestly, on-topic, people!! What do you think this is, transparent fabrics?!??

Seriously, I think when I painted her I pin-viced her in an uncomfortable place and made the pin long enough to set into a working base (cork/film cannister) so I could paint all angles. The pin, snipped off later, was used to pin her to the pumpkin toward the end. ::):

I did paint the wings separate and attach them via pinning at the end.

--Anne

you know, on anther hobby board I use to frequent allot, posting jokes like the ones above would have gotten the post locked up, war of words between posters & such. Overall bad blood between the board members, glad to see people have a sense of humor here on this board. So glad I choose this hobby over the other one

anyways, to add to Anne's post, I'd take the...oh wait nevermind (just read the bit about the cork).

RM

ROTFLMAO - you people are so wrong. Even the on topic reply is funny as all get-out.

Sometimes I like to mount a model on a soda or gatorade bottle top. Then I can put the mini on the bottle (filled with clean cat litter.) Gives me something nice and big to hang on to.

Ha-Ha!! It is "I" - Double Entendre Man! *flourishes cape*

Seriously, I think when I painted her I pin-viced her in an uncomfortable place...
::o: Er... well... uh... :unsure:

Sometimes I like to mount a model on a soda or gatorade bottle top....
What in the ... ?! :unsure:
Gives me something nice and big to hang on to.
:unsure: Er... :unsure:

I think I'll just move along quietly... :unsure:

I have nothing to add.

I'm clearly out of my league here. :blush:

Guys...

If you are going to be funny, awesome.

But please contribute something to the discussion when you do so.

/em is running out of patience pretty fast now. (you don't want to see her when she's angry)

Thanks. I appreciate it. And if you're wondering why I'm harping on this right now it's because I had to tell a friend that she wasn't a candidate to become a mod on here because of her participation in off-topic threads...which seem to be pretty rampant, now that I'm looking. *Please* help me to control this.

--Anne

Anne's got the best way to put together the Halloween Sophie. One of my customers (and frequent over the shoulder reader) did pretty much the same thing but he said words for the 'uncomfortable place' that are not allowed on the forums. Since he's the guy that assembles my complex models for me, I trust his advice.

He put the Sophie on a soda cap rather than a cork tho and pinned the wings in place before painting because he needed greenstuff a little.

I've heard a few people over the years suggest a compromise to the 'there's a gap but I can't reach areas if I assemble first' problem, which is to lubricate one of the pieces to be joined but not the other, then apply the GS to the non-lubricated side. Push the pieces together and smooth and so on, then pop off the lubricated piece and let the GS cure. I've only tried this a few times with limited success, but I think that's more down to my general limited success with all things GS than with the technique.

I've purchased a couple of extra pin vice handles to use for holders of minis that have pins rather than being on stable bases. Before I did that I glued the pin point of a pair of wings to the top of a chopstick to make a holder for them.

Anne, off-topic was always kind of why I liked hanging out here. People had fun. They made jokes. Laughed. Seems a shame to bring a smackdown.

I guess that's the breaks.

As I'm all about the off-topic joke or jab... I guess I'll see you folks.