joshuaslater

Metal Prices

just at reaper con only?

As far as I know, I'm not a ReaperPeep so maybe they can answer that.

what about for those that cant travel that far?...... that is in the US..and im in Canada...

You have friends, right? I'm sure someone semi-trustworthy here on the boards can trade it in for you.

and how can you tell...what metal is which....besides any reaper logos on it...if any...? :wow::rock:

That's your own fault for buying minis other than Reaper! ::P:

They probably have their ways. If not, err on the side of caution. It's still better than nothing...

well if you've mixed it all up there's probably no way of sorting the reaper metal from the non-reaper metal.

With metal going up will reaper put a Kibosh on the larger metal figures. There has to be a profit drop as you sell larger models which cost more money and use more Metal.

I mean if it takes 5 bucks worth of metal to make 20 nekid chicks which can be sold for 4 each 4x20-5=75

It take 5 bucks to make 5 dragons at 16 each 5x16-5=75

Of that 19 are willing to by nekkid chicks (granted one of those is me buying 10, but hey) so that nets a profit of 71

Of the Dragons only 3 are bought so 58 bucks are made.

See my point. Consider that Reaper often retires models that don't sell well they might do to consider ahead of time.

With metal going up will reaper put a Kibosh on the larger metal figures. There has to be a profit drop as you sell larger models which cost more money and use more Metal.

I see where you're going, but it's more than just the metal - packaging costs, for example - if all of the mini's you mention are packaged in a blister, then you're paying for more packaging for the nekkid chicks than you are the dragon, plus the time to sort and stock.

Of course, that could be outweighed by the extra time/money it takes to cast the larger multi-part models.

Those numbers are meaningless. You have to use actual sales figures.

Plus, this is Reaper, as long as something is making money it won't get cancelled. It's repeatedly mentioned that Townsfolk packs do NOT sell well (despite the amount of people who request them), yet we see new Townsfolk packs all the time. Nekkid chicks may sell, but so do Dragons - I don't think either are going anywhere anytime soon.

The sky is not falling. Yet...

Discontinued also does not mean never to be seen in metal again. It just means it isn't available through regular distribution channels. You can still order it from the Boneyard.

To a certain extent, this is already happening. The new box set dragons released in the last year or so have been mid-sized dragons, not the gigantic monsters like Viridius and Marthrangul.

I think it's fair to assume reaper has figured out how to price their minis and still turn a profit. I mean they're still around when others have closed.

Copied from the Front Page of our Website:

Greetings to all of our fans around the world,

There is no easy way to say it, so as people may have anticipated, there will be a price adjustment on several models with the printing and issue of Casket Works 23.

The effective date of the new prices is Monday, 08.13.2007

You might be asking, “Why only some models and not all models”? The difference happens because of the pricing equation we use. For several years the labor and not the metal was the highest cost factor. On heavier models the metal cost now exceeds the labor cost and this has triggered a review of the retail price of these models.

It has been several years since our last price adjustment and I assure you it is not something we enjoy doing. The global price of tin has continued to climb over the past year and the increase is something we must do to survive. We always have, and always will continue to produce the highest quality models possible at the best price possible.

If you have any questions or need additional information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,

Ed Pugh

CEO

The new catalog lists all new prices, and will be made available for online purchase or download on Monday the 13th.

I'm assuming a good percentage of CAV models will be going up seeing as how they're fairly hefty chunks of pewter.

Less than a dozen, IIRC.

We actually adjusted less than 1/3 of our models across all production lines.

Copied from the Front Page of our Website:
You might be asking, “Why only some models and not all models”? The difference happens because of the pricing equation we use. For several years the labor and not the metal was the highest cost factor. On heavier models the metal cost now exceeds the labor cost and this has triggered a review of the retail price of these models.

See, now that's really considerate and smart. Too many other companies don't seem to have a pricing equation that takes things like these into account, and thus we get across the board price increases on every product whenever any component increases costs.

My own, for example (I keep trying to convince them to go to a different pricing equation besides "total costs times X").

It's not an across the board increase, so no worries from this retailer... yet.

It's pretty nice that Ed took the time to explain why they're increasing prices and that Reaper didn't jump all the prices up. What few questions I have will be answered when the price changes take effect for my distributors or when I send an email to Jay because well... that exchange program is a wonderful thing ::):

I have no problem with prices going up where they need to. I love the company and what they do for us. I love the quality of their product.

My biggest response is that I hope Reaper will be able to prosper and continue being the company that so many of us love this much. If that means dropping a few extra dollars here and there then it's more than worth it.