joshuaslater

The Big Book of Reaper Painting

I'm reading the threads here on the forums, getting all kinds of advice on liners, shading, etc., when it strikes me. Why doesn't Reaper put out a whole book devoted to painting, using every technique, done like the painting section of the Warlord book? Only way deeper. With tons of pics, step by step guides, etc.

It would of course have CAV models as well. I know Citadel/GW have their own book, and that's cool, but Reaper does have some of the best sculptors and painters in the business.

I know I would spend thirty to forty dollars on a book like this. That's around the price of one D&D book. This comprehensive tome would be so nice and usable for all time.

I'm sorry if someone had this idea first, and I'm just going over old ground, but there's so much coming from forum members and Reaper staff alike that it would be nice to see it collated.

We would all like to se some cool stuff.. But, they already have their 5 Learn to Paint Kits. I think that is the direction Reaper has been going and I am ok with that.

I just hope they come out with a book of Tim's artwork.

If you did a search through the archive you would find at least two threads about the painting book Anne is working on for Reaper. Apparently they would like her to do it again but its still a little lower on the priority list than she would like.

I've never bought a painting book, but I would pre-order this.

If it's full color, hard back, and has stuff from each of their lines.... I would pay $50 hands down.

It would be cool if it had a part that went into detail on RE-painting the LE line.

Why would it need a specific section to just painting (or repainting) the LE line? The application of technique is as viable from one type of figure to another, rarely would what the figure is made out of come into play. LE are plastic figures they paint up the same way as everything else.

They could tell you that in the Big Book of Reaper Painting!! I'm not siftin' through archives. I'm not talkin' about reading every thread on a monitor, I'm talkin' about havin' the Tome, if you will, in everyone's eager hands. Fifty bucks would be money WELL SPENT.

This would be the be all, end all, book, demonstrating all things Reaper, Reaper-painted. Collectors would buy it even if they don't paint. I bought the Darkson designs book and found it useful, but a hardback tome with the collected wisdom of Anne and the crew would be awe-inspiring.

I'm sure the learn to paint kits are great, I'm not knockin' them having not even seen the contents, but a massive tome, done to Reaper's high quality, and that's the key, is what I'm jonesing for.

Reaper wants it (as I understand it), Anne wants it (per her own words), and we want it, I think that means that at some point We will get it.

And being an art student at one point means that I would deffinatly drop $50 on this, and still call it cheap.

Having all the info and techniques in one place would be great, rather than having to sift through archives. I'm all for this and would definitely drop $$ on it, no problem.

count me in too. I actually have the citadel paint book and it isn't bad but i would love to have one that is a reaper. I am a bit of a book whore too but I would love one.

If our votes make any difference in getting it pushed along, then I too would certainly buy the book. (And if it were really, really neat, it would come with a CD with videos or commentaries by Anne or other painters.)

Ishil

And being an art student at one point means that I would deffinatly drop $50 on this, and still call it cheap.

Having been in college and graduate school, I'd drop $50 on it, simply because it would still be cheaper than any bloody textbook I ever owned!

The book is on the List Of Things To Get Done. Due to scheduling and my vast list of responsibilities, it is sadly somewhere around last on that list! It takes a vast amount of time to put together a book of the size we're talking, with step-by-steps and lots of pretty pics and technique guides. Don't get your hopes up for a DVD--but the book, that's a probability. ::):

--Anne