• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

With the recent scandals of chinese manufacturing plants having little if any quality control, and the massive number of lead tainted items coming out of china, please tell me Reaper hasn't made the mistake of having Legendary Encounters miniatures made in china. I'd like to get some LE minis to sell in my new store, but I'm not going to risk it if the minis were made anywhere near china. I know there's probably nothing to worry about, but that's probably what a lot of toy companies thought a little while ago.

#2 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• Super Administrators
  • 7472 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

Addressed in News Post Dated Aug 8, 2007

As many have heard over the last week several hundred thousand toys made in China were painted using a paint that contained lead.

As soon as we heard this news we contacted the factory in China we use to manufacture our Legendary Encounters pre-painted plastic models to make sure Reaper had no such issues to deal with.

They have assured us in writing that the paint they used to paint our Legendary Encounter models is LEAD-FREE and ASTM and CE certified.

If you have any questions or need additional information please do not hesitate to contact us.

To Contact Reaper directly: questions at reapermini dot com

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

#3 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4099 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

Wul, considering the metal ones are made of pewter, I don't think I'm gonna sweat too much about the PLASTIC ones. It's not like the baby gets to chew on my figures or anything, and so far the cats seem wildly uninterested in eating any.

Unless the Chinese are making some weird new paint that spontaneously combusts, or something... :blink:
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#4 DARK ELF

DARK ELF

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

oh no...mr bill!! :blink:
  • HeadClot88 likes this
"Hold fast to the truth, for the truth is a pillar. a steadfast pillar that all that all the world cannot shake"

#5 uglybug

uglybug

• Bones Supporter
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

i wonder how many lead painted miniatures you would have to eat to get lead poison?

#6 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:33 AM

I'm up to 11 so far. They taste like chicken, but other I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD! than that, I've FREEDOM FRIES noticed DO-WAH-DITTY no problems...:wacko:
  • thatguywiththeface likes this
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#7 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10350 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#8 chaosscorpion

chaosscorpion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1260 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Reaperbryan why did you post this here? It would be more interesting in the Kickstart topic.

<Shrugs> Just saying.

ROTFLMAO

Life is Chaos... So Enjoy Life

ks_banner_bones_2_core_set.gif

#9 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4362 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

So these are lead free.... but are they MSG free? :devil:
  • thatguywiththeface likes this

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#10 hixont

hixont

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

I am going to be seriously disappointed in my miniature collecting peer group if I see a disclaimer on the packaging stating that the miniatures contained within not being edible food items. :P
  • Girot and pocketcthulhu like this

#11 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1387 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

So these are lead free.... but are they MSG free? :devil:

Master Series Gesso? :blink:
  • Girot, Exwilly and pocketcthulhu like this

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

#12 Baufrin

Baufrin

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hey it has been a while since this thread has been bumped as a backer part of what made me go in for this deal was to see these (not the pledge bones) bones made in the USA. How is that coming along? I convinced my wife it is part of our patriotic duty to support you to help bring manufacturing back to the USA...

Edited to make sense.

Edited by Baufrin, 06 June 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#13 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6515 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Reaper has acquired its own plastic injection molding machine and its currently in place on the Reaper dock and is churning out bases faster than you can blink. I don't know if they have done any actual Bones production with it. It should be able to handle their normal output needs after the Kickstarter runs its course. However, if they decide to do another Kickstarter project they are likely going to have to have that produced in China. The current Kickstarter required the output from 14 machines for 7 months. It would have taken a very long time to fulfill it with a single machine.

* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#14 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12241 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

About eight years and a bit.