Does anyone have a 1000pt or 1500pt Reven (default) list they would be willing to post? I'm just starting out and I'd like to see what is working for people.

I ran a 500 point list the other day that contained 2 units of the following figs and it worked pretty good, but I'm playing against beginners.

Unit 1

1x Narg

2x Berzerkers

4x Beastmen

3x Orc Spearmen

Unit 2

1x Nhoolian solo

I realize now that I need a cleric in or around the first unit to heal the Berzerkers and/or Narg. My next game will be at 1000pts and suggestions are welcomed.

I'm gearing up for a guy that plays Reptus and Overlords... but the two twizzlers that I've been playing run Nefsokar and Overlords.

I think I've got my work cut out for me; the Nefsokar are really good, almost too good.

Well, I have no idea how this Reven: Noghra list would do, but it looks like it would be fun to try...

Troop 1 (4, 171)

Ogg

2x beastriders

1 skeeter

Troop 2 (5, 74)

Neek

4x goblin rangers

Troop 3 (4, 58)

Neek

3x goblin warriors

Troop 4 (1, 231)

Hill Giant

Troop 5 (1, 231)

Hill Giant

Troop 6 (1, 231)

Hill Giant

------------------------------------

6 troops, 6 cards, 16 models, 996 points

Admittedly, the weakness would be that a single lightning bolt spell or a few overlord crossbows would be able to wipe out most of the goblins before they got in combat. But, if the enemy does not have a bunch of magic or only has a couple xbows, then this lst looks like it would be fun to take across the table.

Man... out of all the Reven players out there the only guy that is going to post a list is a Reptus player???

Our ability is "Mob", you know... we stick together... come one come all... All for one, all for.... wait a minute that last one doesn't fit.

The Reven did not experience quite the extensive changes that a lot of armies went through when Warlord when from v1.2 to Chronicles 2007. A lot of the builds in the two previous Tactics and Factions threads are still valid, particularly those in the Monglash Steppes thread. You may need to tweak some points, and possibly troop sizes, but by and large the tactics that have always worked well for Reven continue to do so. Make extensive use of the Mob Mentality Faction SA using the Grand Reven, your troops will out number your opponents regularly.

It ain't easy being green

The Monglash Steppes

The current Tactics and Faction thread: Reven 2007 has a couple builds in it.

Edited by Qwyksilver

Sorry, I play Reven, but mainly Tomukh except for demos (when I use a small Noghra list).

A current 1000 point Tomukh list build is:

Narg + Magic Armor

Ombur + spells

3 BO Fighters

3 BO Hunters

1 BO Berzerker

Kharg

3 BO Archers

Kharg

3 BO Fighters

Lurgh

You could convert the list to a Reven list by substituting something else for the second group of 3 BO Fighters.

Ron

Sorry, I play Reven, but mainly Tomukh except for demos (when I use a small Noghra list).

A current 1000 point Tomukh list build is:

Narg + Magic Armor

Ombur + spells

3 BO Fighters

3 BO Hunters

1 BO Berzerker

Kharg

3 BO Archers

Kharg

3 BO Fighters

Lurgh

You could convert the list to a Reven list by substituting something else for the second group of 3 BO Fighters.

Ron

With all that BO , they'd be a smelly bunch ! :lol:

I do something very similar , except I throw in a troll solo for an extra card . :poke:

Sorry I've taken so long responding to this thread. I had seen it some time ago, I just haven't had the time to drop some lists in.

I'll assume you're looking for a roughly well rounded standard Grand Reven (Default List), this mean two things to me, employing a superiority in numbers, and doing so through use of Horde + Mob Mentality. The Default list almost certainly needs to utilize this idea to work to it's full potential, if you want to use low numbers of Elite troops in a Reven list I'd probably head towards Tomukh instead, and take advantage of 'Enraged'.

My notion of how a Reven list should work revolves around each troop being an little army with a large variety of troops in it. Typically this means to me that you need to include leaders that maximize the number of models they can have under their command. So in smaller games this means employing multiple Kak'Urg and Neek leaders.

So I'll just throw out a few ideas for smaller (1000-1500 point) armies, and I'll be upfront that in order to bring as many models as I can I'm avoiding using alot of characters and magic. I enjoy Reven as a Horde army, despite that if you want to, they look fairly effective magic throwers and they have more than a few decent Tank models as well.

Once you open up into larger sized games (2000+) and you can put in a second layer of adept models you can get some real fearsome builds as you can have Bull Orcs in far more troops.

1000 Point Reven List 1 (1000 points, 4 cards, 50 models) Maximum Models

troop 1

Kak'Urg-33

Bull Hunters x 4-164

Orc Warriors x 5-90

Goblins x 3-36

troop 2

Kak'Urg-33

Bull Fighters x 4-152

Orc Spearmen x 4-72

Goblin Rangers x 4-52

troop 3

Neek-22

Orc Spearmen x 2-36

Orc Warriors x 3-54

Goblins x 6-72

troop 4

Neek-22

Orc Spearmen x 2-36

Orc Warriors x 3-54

Goblins x 6-72

1000 Point Reven List 2 ( 1000 points, 3 cards, 42 models) Heavy Hitters in Every Troop + Ranged Attacks

troop 1

Kak'Urg-33

3xBull Hunters-123

3xOrc Warriors-54

4xGoblin Warriors-48

3xGoblin Skeeters-81

troop 2

Kak'Urg-33

3xBull Fighters-114

3xOrc Spearmen-54

4xGoblin Warriors-48

3xGoblin Skeeters-81

troop 3

Kak'Urg-33

2xOgres-118

3xOrc Spearmen-54

3xOrc Warriors-54

6xGoblin warriors-72

1000 Point Reven List 3 ( 999 points, 5 cards, 39 models) One really solid troop supported by Regulars + Ogres added for tactical flexability

troop 1

Narg-77

4xBull Hunters-164

4xBull Fighters-152

2xGoblin Skeeters-54

troop2

Neek-22

3xOrc Warriors-54

3xOrc Spearmen-54

6xGoblins-72

troop3

Neek-22

3xOrc Warriors-54

3xOrc Spearmen-54

6xGoblins-72

troop4

Ogre Warrior-59

+Outrider-15

troop5

Ogre Warrior-59

+Outrider-15

1000 Point Reven List 4 (999 points, 4 cards, 26 models) Hill Giant Force+Clerics for 'Healer'

troop 1

Kak'Urg-33

Gonda-36

3xOrc Spearmen-54

4xGoblin Rangers-52

troop 2

Kak'Urg-33

Gonda-36

3xBull Archers-198

3xGoblin Skeeters-81

troop 3

Kak'Urg-33