wildbill

Crazy Themed Armies

The title pretty much says it all. This is not a post for people to start trashing army lists that get posted. These lists are just some crazy theme idea that someone came up with (at whatever point value) that most people realize would never win a battle against an army that was traditionally built. I don't care if your uber-mage or troop of archers could wipe out my army. All I want to see is creative army themes. ::):

So, of course, I'll start off. ::):

This is an army I like to call "Mostly Fearsome". :lol:

Ashkrypt + GMA + MW + GF + 1 Lightning Bolt + 2 Ice Blast + 1 Ice Storm + 1 Counterspell

Reborn + GMA + GMW

Gauntfield

Sir Dauron + GMA + GMW

8 Tomb Guard

5 Zombie Recruits

Musician

Hill Giant

Totem of Battle

Totals: 1,996 Points, 18 Models, 1 Troop, 2 Init Cards

Every models except the Zombie Recruits have Fearsome. But, the Zombies are pretty tough for a Mob unit, so that's why I took them. ^_^

Wild Bill :blues:

I still have not played my first game and reading the book page to page is just not as good as real experience. But I have been toying with some ideas.

1. All nun army. I don't think I would be able to do it with the current rules. Some thing about limits on adepts.

2. Beastmen army. I realy like the look of the beastmen.

3. Asorted orcs. Not realy a theam. When I first picked up my pack of bull orcs my first impulse was to paint them blue. As an extencion of that, I thought it would be a neet idea to have each unit of orcs a different color. Green skins, blue skins, orange skins, pink, ect. I don't think I would actualy do this but its a fun idea.

To have a proper theam army and not just ideas I will have to have a couple games under my belt.

1. All nun army. I don't think I would be able to do it with the current rules. Some thing about limits on adepts.

You can have an all nun army. What you do is use the existing point costs and stats for other units and then just rename them. Say you want to use the Justicars point cost and stats. Just call them The Order of Holy Temple (or whatever you want). Just be sure to reference in your army list what stats and points you are using so that no one has any problems. We've done that with Lupines here. ^_^

I love fielding tons of lupines. Great looking fields and their high points leaves you with few on the field and an intimidating force.

Furry Furying Ragers!

Furry Furying Ragers!

I skimmed this quickly and thought it read Furry Flying Rangers...

and could only imagine 5 Ragers in coloured costumes - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink and thought my god it's the latest version of Power Rangers :wacko:

The all Poison - Reptus: Nagendra sublist

1500 pt list

Troop1 (11, 581)

Po Wi-Set (2x venom, stun, counterspell)

Kulan Rogue

2x Venomspitters

7x Nag Rangers - musician

Troop2 (8, 362)

Somchai Capt.

Tasanee hero

6x Nag warriors

Troop3 (4, 146)

Ssathus sgt

3x Coatl

Troop4 (1, 97)

Klahan sniper

Troop5 (1, 312)

Nakaraat Hydra

------------------------------------------

5 troops, 5 cards, 25 models, 1498 pts

This is an army of attrition. With the idea that the Nagendra sublist everyone picks up defelct/2 it means they should be able to get across the board to get into melee, but with lots of DV9s and 10s, they will get whacked down fairly quickly. Its a matter of trying to take advantage of 25 models with poison each turn to see if they can make the enemy go down faster than themselves.

Don't know how often they would win, but sure would be fun forcing all the poison rolls.

Or the MOSTLY Disabler army

Troop1 (8, 592)

Guros - greater familiar (Counter spell, 2x lightning bolts)

Maugrathoth hero

6x Reptus Raptors

Troop2 (8, 370)

Elsabeth

Jhorxia hero

6x Skeletal Chain Gang

Troop3 (10, 536)

Lorena of the whip, sgt - holy symbol (2x blessing, 2x divine vigor)

Maugrathoth hero

4x daughters of the whip

2x tunnel knights

2x bondslave survivors

-----------------------------------

3 troops, 3 cards, 26 models (22 with disable), 1498 points

Again, not sure how it would do overall, but it sure would be fun to play with.

When I read the title, I was expecting armies painted/converted to be a crazy theme. Like an elf army done as Keebler elves, or stuff like that. Or a dwarf army based on the show "Little People Big World" (not sure how you'd do it, but if it was done, it would be a crazy army theme). Stuff similar to the Monty Python themed Warhammer armies that have been done.

But since that isn't it, I figure I'd add a neat idea.

I don't feel like doing the points up, but an all fuzzy army. Just a pack of Crypt Bats and their leader, Beastmen and their hero and leader, and Lupines with their leader and cleric.

I suppose one could also ditch the crypt bats and put the Crusaders dogs in, but with the bats you've got an all human/animal hybrid army.

Another angle along the furry theme, I've threatened in the past to actually make up a "furry woodland creature" army. The common troops would use goblin stats and have a couple random little critters from the familiar packs. Deer and wolves could be your cavalry, with bears and/or big cats could be your fast, heavy hitters and elites. At one time, we actually worked this list out in considerable detail in the chat room. The cost of that many familiar packs and too many other projects has kept me from actually doing this, but the idea still lingers......

I also recall some lengthy discussion in the chat room about a penguin army, but that's a long, and very odd story! :rolleyes:

Castlebuilder

I also recall some lengthy discussion in the chat room about a penguin army, but that's a long, and very odd story! :rolleyes:

Nooooo!!!! No penguin armies!!!! (Hi vince!) :;):

I kinda like the Mighty Morphin Power Ragers idea. Amuses me for some reason.

Along those lines, the Barney colored Reptus army.

You could also do the "Preschooler's TV Show army":

• A few Barney colored Reptus
  • Care Bears colored Dwarven Bear Cavalry
  • My Little Pony colored horse cavalry
  • Mighty Morphin Power Ragers

Or the Sesame Street / Muppet Show themed army...

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to actually *paint* anything along these lines, so I guess that I'll have to let the ideas sit on the shelf for a while.

Yes, I have a 4 1/2 year old. Why do you ask? :;):

Ron

Yes, I have a 4 1/2 year old. Why do you ask? :;):

Wait, you're supposed to have a kid to watch some of that stuff?

Well, least I've been covered for the past 16 months. Guess I can justify the years previous as "training" :lol:

Yes, penguin army!!! Actually, it's an Artic Army, and I'm having problems amassing all the penguins I need for it (there was a severe shortage of penguin familiars in the bitz bins at ReaperCon this past year). It will come to fruition at some point, and opponents will learn to fear the Pengu-pult!!

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaa! Bwahahahahaaaaaa! :devil:

~v

You can have an all nun army. What you do is use the existing point costs and stats for other units and then just rename them. Say you want to use the Justicars point cost and stats. Just call them The Order of Holy Temple (or whatever you want). Just be sure to reference in your army list what stats and points you are using so that no one has any problems. We've done that with Lupines here. ^_^

I forgot. Some one told me I could do that with Beastmen also.