kit

Tree Man: unbelievable medical condition

It's amazing to think that one tiny change in a gene will enable a virus which normally causes tiny, usually easily cured blemishes to create "roots."

Wow. Just wow.

I see stories like this, and immediately see why we have creatures such as dryads in our myths and legends.

I see stories like this, and immediately see why we have creatures such as dryads in our myths and legends.

I was thinking the same thing.

First thing my son thought of was: "If the army could get a bunch of people like, they could be scouts."

Always thinking ahead, that one is.

I'm surprised this is the first we've heard of this guy. Wonder how many other odd human types are out there. Rockman, with skin of granite. Fisherwife, can turn into a carp at will. Catkid, has fur over it's body with a tail. Donkeyman, wait, I think I already work for that Jack@@@. ::P:

Poor guy.. he's gonna be the Tree-man forever even if doctors can help him out and get rid of the 'roots'. From the article, it seems like it's a matter of money rather than technology..

I just hope he finds his Entwife one day...

Freaky looking - but not too disturbing. My personal benchmark for creeping me out is

the guy with the maggots in his head

... You can look for it yourself... ungh...

*Jaw hits floor*

Tangent - "Virus" has become, like "Radiation" before it, and "Electricity" before that, the go-to explenation for fantastic things happening in sci-fi stories. Things like this make those stories seem so much less far-fetched.

That was really disturbing. Must repost to other lists right away!

Damon.

That was very disturbing, but your comment was priceless.