Sign in to follow this  
mercoutlaw

Newb questions!

That's was what was even more aggravating with the CBT atmosphere, I've been a fan for almost fifiteen years, but I never really got onto the boards much, for the eaxact same reason I pretty much am shying away now, pure unadulterated hostility! But enough on that, this place is like a shining beacon of fandom! While I still play my CBT, CAV has taken over my full attention, and I am very happy with it! In fact, by GenCon next year I hope I could work my way into Black Lightening and volunteer some time to this awesome universe!

Thats the reason I quit going to CBT a long time ago. Besides, I think CAV is a better game than Btech anyway. And I have played it whole-heartedly for nearly 5 years, so yeah its a big statment for me. The only thing that CAV is lacking, which is coming around, is the fluff that Btech has, but thats it.

That's was what was even more aggravating with the CBT atmosphere, I've been a fan for almost fifiteen years, but I never really got onto the boards much, for the eaxact same reason I pretty much am shying away now, pure unadulterated hostility! But enough on that, this place is like a shining beacon of fandom! While I still play my CBT, CAV has taken over my full attention, and I am very happy with it! In fact, by GenCon next year I hope I could work my way into Black Lightening and volunteer some time to this awesome universe!

One of the best parts of the whole CAV universe (at least IMO) aside from the game is the huge sandbox we have as gamers and dreamers to play in. There's lots of room to create units and their background fluff to help shape the fans view of the universe aside from the canon stuff. So get that creative mind flowing and put together some fluff! :)

One of the best parts of the whole CAV universe (at least IMO) aside from the game is the huge sandbox we have as gamers and dreamers to play in. There's lots of room to create units and their background fluff to help shape the fans view of the universe aside from the canon stuff. So get that creative mind flowing and put together some fluff! :)

I noticed, and it's awesome! Instead of having 300 hundred groups to choose from, you have about 20, with endless possibilites. I love the fact that the Universe is smaller and introduces other races, and leaves room for plenty of creation! I am ordering the JOR's because I would like to see some more stories, but again, the strength is the wide open universe this leaves to create from.

The JOR's are pretty similar to the TRO's you're familiar with in CBT, the fluff that's in them is for each model and is very interesting. :) The rule additions you will find are for CAV 1 so you don't need to worry about those but you can read them to see how the game was in its early years. I'd also recommend getting hold of a CAV 1 rule book as it also has a good amount of fluff, background stuff in it to flesh out more of the storyline for you as well.