Sign in to follow this  
ThePolo

Gallery updated

That is really cool, Storminator!  I'm a sucker for deep, rich blues.  It's funny though, I too painted up that mini and gave it away to a friend (well, not really gave away.  He's allegedly putting a website togeter for me, since I'm stoopid with 2 "o's" when it comes to such things).  GTMA, I suppose!

He was a lot of fun for  him to paint, an elf with no green anywhere, each color custom blended.  He was so bummed to let the mini leave the house.

cbs

I'l have to get a pic of the one I did for my friend...it's too wierd, I barely used any green at all...I painted the mini with his D&D character in mind, who is an Elf Rogue/Fighter/Duelist and a bit of a fop.  So it's predominately Black/Purple/Gold.  I've got another batch of mini's to take pics of next time I'm over there, so I'll make sure to snap a photo of him while I'm at it.

Okay, here are some of mine.  Photography is getting better, and I think my painting has improved over time.

Lady Storm's Minis

seven pictures, I tried to keep them smallish for those dial up modems.

cbs

Nice work Storminator and Ladystorm!

I have seen more color used on the fog wraith than I would ever have expected. The stereotype of black is for wraiths(I'm guilty) goes out the window on this one your red looks really menacing. Our new comrade, WARLORD1 has one in blue that looks awsome also.

Keep posting the pics!

The stereotype of black is for wraiths ... goes out the window on this one, your red looks really menacing.

that's funny to me, it reminds me of little red riding hood every time I see it.  I actually requested we put it in a box, it wasn't scary enough to sit with the bad guys

cbs

There's an old film... color... but like from 1940'sñ1950's... can't remember the name.

There was a creepy "gentleman ghost" kinda character that all you could see was a red cloak... very spooky...

Thinking outside the box and using different colors is good! Shows you have creativity and don't automatically do what everyone else does. :)

Michael: Are you thinking 'The Ghost and Mrs. Minniver?' I know that was an old movie, I don't know if a Red Cloak was used in it.

Mind you, that's off the top of my head, after my bedtime, and desperate to catch sleep.

--lstormhammer

Hmmm... I don't think so... it was a more creepy film, maybe by Hammer (coincidentally) :laugh:

The ghost was a pirate I think? Anyway... it had a red cloak... floating gloves and was creepy. :)

I occasionally go over coolmini, I rate 8 as awesome, 9 as unbelievable and ten as "I have now given up painting forever".

Lot of minis don't seem to get the ratings they deserve. Yours were averaging around 6-8... Seeing the way the folks seem to vote there, I'd rate that as a hearty slap on the back. Cheers

:)

*blink-squint*  An 8?  on CMON page?  Where?  I can't see it?

Seriously though, I'm flattered that even one of my mini's is on the verge of getting a 7.  Even though I don't agree with a lot of people on voting (these would be people that take this hobby WAY too seriously, and will lower thier vote at the slightest sign of flaw).  I tend to vote high, as I look past the actual paint-job.  There's a lil something called effort and imagination that most people on CMON ignore, because they assume that the only pieces that actually have any imagination and effort put into them are ones that would make a Golden Demon judge drool.

I'm here to tell ya, brothers and sisters, that this just isn't the case...

These same self-stylized "Golden Demon Judges" (I will forever condemn that guidline under the voting bar of that site) are usually the same folks who go ga-ga over the same color-scheme on the same space-marines over and over and over again *yawn-thud-ouch*  Although I've seen LOTS of well painted space marines on there, I see very little imagination, just different brush-strokes.  I see a Space-Marine on CMON with an out of the ordinary color-scheme, or a clever conversion, or what not, you can darn sure bet I'm at least giving it an 8.

REGARDLESS of how well its painted.

If I see a well painted Space-Marine (or any other warhammer thingee)  I usually say, "wow, that's really nice" And give it either the same vote I would a poorly painted mini, or I won't vote at all.

I'm so sick of the elitist crap that this hobby engenders.  I'm tired of people being critics without really being constructive.  I've had the fortune of having quite a bit of positive feedback on my work, despite my crappy-blurry pics.  For this:  I'm eternally grateful.  I try to be as supportive and constructive as I can with those who maybe aren't as talented as others, but certainly will be given time. What we do is hard!  Painting lil metal men/women/monsters is freakin difficult!  And you can't just automatically pic up a brush, and a mini, and automatically be a Jen Haley or Bobby Wong.  To expect that is stupid. Period.  This is why I despise CMON's rating system, and why I also despise those that leave comments on minis that don't meet thier high standards without any constructive critism.

*whew!*

okay, now that I'm done with my totally unsolicted rant about critics, thanks for the compliment, SmokingWreckage.  It's always good to know that folks are interested in what I do.

-Kel