Sign in to follow this  
styates

Back from the Dead (or the black out at least!!)

Hey, everybody!! I thought that it'd be easier to post here than in each individual thread that I'm involved in.

Well, as many of you may have noticed, I've been away for a bit, so I thought a bit of explanation was in order. On the evening of December 10th, the area of Kansas where I live was hit by a massive ice storm. Damage was severe throughout the area, but especially in the area that I live in. We had over 80 power poles go down causing a power outage that lasted until the 20th for me and even longer for some others. We were lucky enough to purchase a generator on the 13th, so we were able to stay at home the entire time without having to stay in a hotel or emergency shelter and we also suffered no extensive damage to our house or property besides some minor fence repairs here and there.

Since the power came back, I've been busy working extra days at work to make up for missed time due to both the emergency situation and being closed for several days during the holidays. The only online activity that I've really been doing since then is checking email, paying bills and managing my fantasy stuff a bit.

Anyway, it's good to be back! Now time to get caught up on everything that I've missed!!