Sign in to follow this  
Bill_Adcock

I've fallen

It's true.

I've discovered Battle Wagon Bits, and blocks of Night Goblins from the Skull Pass box set, $6.99 for a unit of 20 sounds like a fair deal to me.

I've ordered 40 Night Goblins with spears, 40 with bows, a troll, and a Boss.

In the not too distant future I'll be getting another unit of spearmen and a unit of spider riders, to convert me some Night Goblin spider riders.

Ah, don't feel bad. I bought Rackham stuff in vast quantity last winter when it was 50% off. When you see a deal, it doesn't matter.

The whole Battle of Skull Pass is a fantastic deal. Over 100 28mm minis for $50? Although you don't get all the same options you would if you bought the full plastic sets, nonetheless an awesome deal. Buy two boxes and you have a decent nucleus for a Dwarf and/or Night Goblin army (probably moreso if you're doing just Night Goblins...).

Damon.

Just don't plan on playing warhammer with a goblin army. I got a fantastic deal on some old night goblins and the like - put together about 40 of them and realized I have about 16 points ready of a 1500 point army. ;)

Just don't plan on playing warhammer with a goblin army. I got a fantastic deal on some old night goblins and the like - put together about 40 of them and realized I have about 16 points ready of a 1500 point army. ;)

Yeah, definitely not a cheap army. Just in core troops alone, my Night Goblin list includes 120 figures. However, at $6 a pop for 20, that's $36! Pad it out with Squig Hoppers and Squig Herders, a NG Boss, Shaman and ASB and you have a playable 1500pt army for under $100!

Damon.

Yeah, my plan is to do the bulk of the core troops with the Skull Pass spearmen and archers, none of which need assembly -- pop them on the base, spray black, paint faces and hands green, wooden bits brown, metal bits dirty metal color, and just blaze through them. Ideally get 20 done a day (oh, how I love Christmas break).

I've got a fistful of night goblins that I'll never get around to using, if anyone's interested. It's most of the skull pass selection, minus ten or fifteen I chopped up for personal use, heh.

Guest I am not a number

I have a big Orc & Goblin army that goes back to 3rd and 4th edition and I have models that go back even farther, some units they don't support anymore at all. Honestly I am thinking of selling it because I can not find anyone who plays it anymore in my area. I think Warhammer fantasy is about dead these days.

I have to confess, I'm in love with my Empire army - but that has to do with my fascination with the renaissance, italian wars and holy roman empire. Get it? Holy Roman Empire/ Empire?

I miss the Dogs of Wr models - they were the best DaVinci tech fantasy I've ever seen, especially the birdmen. The pike units were fantastic too.

I adore the new undead models as well - but I think they might be rather spendy, so we'll see.

Guest I am not a number
I have to confess, I'm in love with my Empire army - but that has to do with my fascination with the renaissance, italian wars and holy roman empire. Get it? Holy Roman Empire/ Empire?

I miss the Dogs of Wr models - they were the best DaVinci tech fantasy I've ever seen, especially the birdmen. The pike units were fantastic too.

I adore the new undead models as well - but I think they might be rather spendy, so we'll see.

I loved crushing empire armies on the tabletop with my waagh but I hate the gun they had, hellblaster volleygun..? It could take out an entire regiment in a single firing.

Apparently GW is not doing so well, I'm waiting for its next financial report to see if there's an imminent collapse or not...

Its a shame, but if GW goes away, its nothing but their fault. They make nice figures, the rules are OK (not great, but OK), and the background is pretty good. But the ill-will fostered from their business practices and pricing schemes will be their undoing...

Damon.

Guest I am not a number
Apparently GW is not doing so well, I'm waiting for its next financial report to see if there's an imminent collapse or not...

Its a shame, but if GW goes away, its nothing but their fault. They make nice figures, the rules are OK (not great, but OK), and the background is pretty good. But the ill-will fostered from their business practices and pricing schemes will be their undoing...

Damon.

yeah, I'm not surprised. $35 for 20 plastic goblins? Kind of ridiculous. I won't be surprised when they tank. The prices are just too high now to bother with the game anymore. Not that they were ever cheap but I remember buying a regiment of 20 *metal* forest goblins for $15-20..

I also remember buying reaper figures for $1.99 a blister...