Sign in to follow this  
ant7

New to Warlord

well for years now I have played another company's miniature game and I have been slowly checking out all the mini's from Reaper which are great. I would like to check out more about the game but unfortunately I don't thinkt here are many players in my area (I'm from Indiana) My game store carries many of the miniatures though. I have a couple of questions though

1. Reaper makes a ton of great mini's but can I use any of them for Warlord?

2. Is the rulebook that I have been reading about what I need to buy to play or can I use the downloadable rules?

well for years now I have played another company's miniature game and I have been slowly checking out all the mini's from Reaper which are great. I would like to check out more about the game but unfortunately I don't thinkt here are many players in my area (I'm from Indiana) My game store carries many of the miniatures though. I have a couple of questions though

1. Reaper makes a ton of great mini's but can I use any of them for Warlord?

2. Is the rulebook that I have been reading about what I need to buy to play or can I use the downloadable rules?

Welcome to the Game.

First, per Reaper's official policies on painting and proxies, yes, you can use any Reaper mini for playing Warlord. The only exception is, your actual Warlord model must be the real deal. So, if you have a ton of Dark Heaven (like me), you need only buy 1 model. (though I doubt Reaper would complain if you buy more) See this link for more about proxies:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25000

Now, of course, that's for official, sanctioned games

As for the rules, the downloadable sets have the specific stats that relate to your army's special abilities, but you still need the book for the basic and advanced rules.

As far as the rules are concerned 95% is valid from the rule book , but the data cards and SA's are all obsolete . So , I suggest you go to Reaper Games and download the free "Rage Chronicles " . Welcome and good luck ! ::):

I'm also from Indiana. Indianapolis to be exact and have no one to play with. PM me if you live in the area and maybe we can meet up. I'm still somewhat new in the sense that I've never played a real game, although I've had a few Warlord armies for a year or two.

I'm also from Indiana. Indianapolis to be exact and have no one to play with. PM me if you live in the area and maybe we can meet up. I'm still somewhat new in the sense that I've never played a real game, although I've had a few Warlord armies for a year or two.

You guys should come to Kyderdog's tournament in Dayton, OH. It's a drive but not too far for an all day event. I live in Cincinnati but plan on going.

At the very least come by the Reaper tables at Gen Con this summer and you can get some demos in and meet players from around the country as well. Heck, participate in the tourney too for that matter.

I planned on being at GenCon last year, but my band ended up being on tour that month. So I definitely plan on being there this year!

You guys should come to Kyderdog's tournament in Dayton, OH. It's a drive but not too far for an all day event. I live in Cincinnati but plan on going.

When is this tournament in Dayton? I was talking with someone awhile back about coming to Cincinnati to play before things at home got too busy. Unfortunately I never made it out there, but I've got lots more free time on my hands now so perhaps i can plan on getting there sometime soon.