Sign in to follow this  
scotty kahn

Improved charge?

So, this has probably been clarified somewhere but I cant find it. My question is when improved charge replaced the mounted rules and the others, is the improved charge bonus counted on top of the regular +2? Or is it just the improved charge value added to the movement?

i.e. if someone had improved charge/4, would it actually be a bonus of six inches or just the four?

I went ahead and dug up the SA in the Rage Chronicles:

Improved Charge/# SA

A Model with this SA gains +(#) in inches

instead of the normal Charge Bonus of 2”.

Normal Charge Bonus rules apply.

And yes, Mounted no longer means anything when it comes to charging. Improved charge/x is now the catch-all for bonus movement.

~v

How does the imporved charge work with flyers and borrowing models.

Eg. Incubi Flying mov 10

when they are flying and wish to charge a target on the ground is it their normal move and then land, or is it normal move 10 +4 (improved charge).

Or is the improved charge only used when the target is on the same plane as you (underground, normal or flying)

There has been some discussion about this in my gaming group. any help would be appreciated

If you look, improved charge can appear in both the main special ability row, and the Flyer/Burrow SA row, in the main row it refers to standard ground movement, in the Flyer/Burrow row it refers to the flyer/burrow movement. (You'll also not that it often appears on both rows).

As far as I am aware you can use improved charge/x to charge a model on the ground while flying, ending your movement by landing in base-to-base. I could be wrong, but I believe this is the intent of the rules.

As far as I am aware you can use improved charge/x to charge a model on the ground while flying, ending your movement by landing in base-to-base. I could be wrong, but I believe this is the intent of the rules.

spiritual_exorcist is correct, as usual. ^_^

SE is correct , you can either land or surface as part of your charge move . ::):

Damn , Gus was typing a bit quicker than me . <_<

Edited by Brushmaster